Chapter 19

It's been a month since the ceremony and it's Brandon's birthday today. He invited us and I've decided to accept his invitation, not only for Parker but because I have to give him something. I'm getting ready to go to his house and am putting my dress on, I move on to curling my hair and putting a necklace on. I'm about to go downstairs and check on the boys but feel like I'm missing something. I ponder on the thought for a bit and look down at my bare feet, I go over to my walk-in closet and put on black heels and put my phone and other important things in my clutch before going down. I go into Parker's room and find in front of his mirror styling his hair,
"What are you doing baby?"
"I'm trying to make my hair look good but it won't go how I want it to!" He says getting frustrated.
"Trystan can you come over here please?" Within seconds he's in the room and I tell him about the problem Parker is having with his hair. He fixes it quickly and Parker smiles at Trystan stretching his arms so he can hug him.
"So what did you get daddy?" He runs over to his nightstand and gets a watch out from it.
"How did you get this?" I look over at Trystan and he looks at me with a smile.
"You didn't have to buy him something expensive."
"What did you get him?"
"I got him two shades and something else." He nods and I grab both of their hands making our way outside to get in the car.
____________________

We arrive at his house and in front of his house there are a bunch of cars. Trystan parks the car and I make a move to go unbuckle Parker's car seat but see he's already out the car and sprinting towards the house running into Brandon's arms. Trystan makes his way over and we interlace our hands before walking towards the house.
"Hey Brandon, how have you been?"
"If you mean after the swing you took at my face then I've been fine."
"Great." There's an awkward silence between us until Parker speaks up,
  "Mommy can I give daddy his present now?"
"Umm... I don't know, why don't you ask him."
"Sure, let's see what you got me."
I go over to the car and get the watch and my presents. I hand the watch over to Parker and he gives it to Brandon.
"Here, this is from daddy and me." He says.
  "Thank you." Trystan nods and I hand Brandon the shades. Parker sees the other present I have in my hand and says,
"What about that present mommy?"
"Umm... I'll give that one to him later." We start to head in but I hold Brandon back and nod for Trystan to go ahead, he hesitates at first but goes ahead reluctantly.
I pull Brandon to the side of his house and say,
"I wanted to give you this present in private." I handed him the wrapped present and he takes the wrapper off.
"A scrapbook? But we never took any pictures together."
"That's cuz it's not about us. It's of something we both made."
"Ok..." He opens it up and flips threw the pages slowly and carefully. When he's flipped threw most of the scrapbook he looks up at me with tears in his eyes and pulls me in for a hug. I'm shocked at first but relax in his arms and hug him back resting my head on his shoulder. We stay like that for a while letting him cry on my shoulder until he decides to speak up,
"Xiomara I'm sorry for not being there for you through the months you were pregnant. I wish I could go back in time and change my mistake so I could've been able to see Parker grow up and be with you in the ultrasounds. I'm sorry for being an asshole to you and I know it's my fault, I know that because of me I don't have you and I've lost any chance at having a family with you." I grab his face in my hands making him look at me.
"Look I would've wanted to have a family with you too. You don't know how many times during my pregnancy I imagined us being a family but then Trystan came into my life and he was willing to be the father role for Parker and I fell in love with him. I'm still gonna be here so if you need someone to hear you out just call me and I'll come over." He nods and I wipe the tears from his eyes giving him a kiss on the cheek. He puts his arm over my shoulder and I let it rest there, we head into the house and I realize just how many people there are. We make our way through the crowd and someone bumps into me making me stumble a bit but Brandon wraps his arm around my waist pulling me up and guiding me threw the crowd. We make it through and I spot Trystan, he looks at us but growls at Brandon when he sees where his hand is placed. I glare at him but Brandon speaks up,
"It okay Xio. I'll just go up to my room to put this away, see you later." He goes upstairs and I look at Trystan.
"What the hell is wrong with you, he wasn't doing anything wrong."
"He had his hand around you're waist and he was holding you too close to him."
"Yeah because I stumbled a bit and he caught me also helping me get through the crowd." His eyes softened and curiosity replaced his glare.
"What happened outside you guys seemed to have gotten closer?"
"I'll tell you later. Where's Parker?"
"He's outside playing with some of his friends." I nod and Trystan grabs my hand and starts leading me somewhere. We end up in front of a mini bar and Trystan holds up a drink.
"No, I can't drink."
"Why?"
"Because...I'm a lightweight." He nods and gulps the drink down quickly before pouring himself another drink and gulps it down just ad quickly. I pull him away from the mini bar when he's buzzed and decide to take him out for some fresh air since it's starting to get stuffy inside. I breathe in the fresh air and look over to see that Parker is enjoying himself and is jumping on the trampoline.
"Hey mommy."
"Hey baby, are you having fun?"
"Yeah." I kiss him on the cheek and let him keep playing.
____________________

We start heading into the house again because Brandon is going to cut his cake. He blows out the candles after we sing 'happy birthday to you' and pictures are going to be taken. I go to stand next to Brandon with Parker in his arms, I signal Trystan to join in but he shakes his head and I look at the camera smiling with Brandon's arm wrapped around my waist. Trystan joins in on the next picture and puts his arm around my waist pushing Brandon's off. I feel uncomfortable but push my feelings aside and smile for the camera. The pictures are taken and he starts opening his gifts, I notice Parker yawning so I make my way to him and crouch down so I'm at his level.
"Are you tired sweetie?" He nods his head as another yawn comes out from his mouth. I call Trystan over so he can carry him to the car and I'm heading out the door until someone grabs ahold of my wrist. I look back to see Brandon and smile,
"You didn't think you were going to leave without saying goodbye right?"
"Of course I wasn't." I hug him and step back.
"Thanks for the present and for coming over. I really appreciate it Xio."
"Don't worry about it. Have fun and remember if you want to chill or just talk to someone then call me." He nods and I make my way over to the car getting in the passenger seat. I start backing out and am about to drive off but look in the rear view mirror and catch a glimpse of a shadow in the distance. Without a second glance I step on it and go without looking back.

Unknown POV
I watched as she was backing out of the drive way and going off. I'm going to go ahead with my plan soon and this time I'll do it myself and she'll finally be with me, when I have her I'm not letting her go without a fight!