Chapter Ten (Unedited)

Over the next couple of weeks, I fall into a routine of sorts.  Work is well, work.  I am there most Friday and Saturday nights with a few day shifts throughout the week.  The tips are good and Marv proves to be a great boss.  I layer my tank and that successfully conceals my scar problem leaving me free to pull my hair up into my preferable high ponytail.  Liam has been there with his friends in the evenings, hanging out and listening to the band.  To my relief, minus Miranda.  Not much to my surprise, after Liam's visit and declaration, Mike never called and that was fine by me.  He is not the one that plagues my fantasies and hijacks my dreams.  Even though they are usually not in my section, I can often feel his eyes on me.  Several times we get caught in the battle of the wills, staring at each other, daring the other to look away first.

    I run with Jenna every other day.  We chat about anything and everything. Well, everything except for Jason.  She has left that topic well-enough-alone. She gushes over Chris and what an amazing father he is and that they are trying for another.  According to her, the best part of trying is the unlimited sex, whenever and wherever.  Apparently Chris never leaves his wife in need, mind-blowing orgasms are his specialty.  "Anne, it is like we are teenage lovers.  The touching, caressing, kissing.  He is...wow.  I am telling you, the man is not satisfied if he doesn't make me come undone at least twice.  Besides, how could I not.  My husband is fucking hot."

    I shrug my shoulder and blush, "I wouldn't know.  Never done it."

    "WHAT!?!" Jenna spits her water out and chokes out a cough. "You are a virgin?  How the hell is that possible?"

    "Virgin...interesting." My heart submerges into my stomach like a submarine on a covert mission.  Liam is standing right behind us, eyeing me with both surprise and curiosity.

    "Thanks, Jenna." Turning towards Liam, "Don't you have some place you would rather be?"

    "I was about to turn around and go home after hearing my sister talk about her sex-life, but sweetheart, you just made this interesting.  I think I will stick around for bit." Liam graced me with a tilt of his head and a half smile. I really feel like I could die from humiliation at this moment. With a touch that was almost not there, his fingers slipped across my shoulders as he took the seat next to me. I recrossed my legs and squeezed my thighs together to try to mitigate his effect on me and took a deep breath. I hear a chuckle next to me, alerting me to the fact that he know exactly what he does to my body.

    Jenna clears her throat, "Anne, we are having some friends over tomorrow for a barbeque and some fireworks, you should totally come over."

    "Sure, I actually have a Friday off for once.  It would be nice to do something other that work.  Text me with whatever you need me to bring."

    "Thanks for the invite, sis.  I will be there too."  Liam gives his sister a pointed look.  Wierd, it is almost this he is a little pissed.

    "Really, won't Bar Harbor Saloon miss you?" I give him a wry smile.

    "Naw, I think things will be more entertaining here." Huh, if I didn't know better, I would think he might be flirting with me.

    "Okay...well, Jenna, I am going to head out.  I'm so sweaty from our run and need to shower before I head into work." I swiftly get up without a backwards glance.

    "Damn." Liam groans in a low voice that I probably wasn't supposed to hear.  It was accompanied by muffled giggle.

                                  ***

    I show up at the barbecue with a watermelon keg.  I saw it on Facebook and I had to give it a try.  I hollowed out a large watermelon and inserted a tap like a keg.  I blended together the melon, some vodka and sugar then poured it back into the melon and sealed the top.  Festive, cute and fun.  Walking into the backyard, I felt a little overwhelmed.  There was easily thirty people there.  Searching over the sea of faces my eyes instantly locked onto the slightly curly black-brown hair that I dream about brushing my cheeks as he kisses me.  As if sensing my eyes on him, Liam turns and locks gazes with me. His lips part slightly as his tongue barely peeks out and wets his bottom lip. I bit down on my lower lip to stifle my moan as he clearly takes his time memorizing every inch of my body.