Chapter Twenty-Seven (Unedited)

Memories kept flashing before my eyes, making me relive Prom Night with Jason.  I was stuck in the past.  I could feel him dislocating my arm with the violent tug behind my back.  I could feel his brutal attack and the way his knife burned in searing pain as it punctured my back.  Then my mine flashed to my nightmare.  I could feel that same knife carving his name into my stomach.  I was stuck here.  Reliving and feeling his brutality over and over again.

   Faintly, I could hear my name being called over and over again.  I couldn't place wear it was coming from or if it was even real.  As these visions kept playing out, I became aware of my body floating, then being surrounded by warmth.  A deep soothing voice was whispering in my that I was going to be okay, that I was safe.

   Slowly, I became aware of my actual surrounds as my visions slipped away.  I was submerged in warm bath with Liam wrapped around me.  His strong toned chest was cushioning my back and his muscular corded arms cocooned me in a comforting embrace.  His arms were crossed over my exposed chest, rubbing up and down arms.

    "I've got you Anne.  I love you.  Please come back to me."  Liam whispered into my ear while he nuzzled the side of my head.

   "Liam..." I exhaled. Now fully relieved.

   "Oh, thank God, baby.  How are you feeling?"  Liam's arms squeezed me closer.

   "Okay. shook up, but okay."  I raised my arms to wrap around Liam's.  He made me feel safe and loved.  It amazed me how quickly he has become my rock, my savior, my everything.  This love that I have for him consumed me.  It was thrilling and terrifying at the same time.

   "We'll talk about all of that in a little bit, baby.  For the next few minutes, I just want you to relax.  Let me take care of you, okay?"  I agreed and snuggled into his strong broad chest.  Liam filled the pitcher next the tub with water and wet my hair.  His expert hands then massaged my favorite shampoo in hair.  A soft moan escaped my lips as his finger tips worked their magic.  Too soon, Liam rinsed my hair clean.  Then he repeated the process with my conditioner.  He continued to pamper me a comfortable silence.  I sat back and let Liam's love and tender care consume me.  After he was completed with my hair, he reached for my loofah and gently scrubbed my body.  He washed away the last of my terrors and brought me some peace.

    Liam got out of the bath first and quickly toweled off and put on some sweat pants.  The way that they hung low, exposing that delicious V should be illegal.  He held up a big fluffy towel for me and dried all of the water droplets off of my body.  He then held out a my robe and wrapped me up in it tightly.

   He led me into the bed room and sat me on the bed.  He disappeared back in the bathroom for a minute.  I could hear him rummaging through the cabinets.  He emerged a few moments later with a brush and my blow dryer.  Liam positioned himself behind me on the bed and brushed out all of the knots from my hair, then continued to blow-dry it.  This put my body in a near euphoric state.  My absolute favorite thing was to have Liam brush my hair and play with it.  It was calming and gave me a sense of the deep love he has for me.

    When Liam was satisfied with my hair, he put the dryer and brush aside and lowered the covers on the bed.  Without direction, I crawled under the covers.  Liam's warm figure slipped in next to me.  His strong arm encircled my waist and pulled me against his chest.  "Sleep,"  his voice commanded.  Almost instantly, I feel into a deep, dreamless slumber.

***

   When I woke up, I felt relaxed and content.  I reached to my side and met with cold sheets.  Liam must have gotten up.  I smiled to myself, thinking of how Liam had taken care of me.  My smile slipped and my mind went further back and recalled the picture that put me into my shocked state.  

    I quickly got up out of bed and got dressed, then went in search of Liam.  I found him, Mike and Tanner in the other room huddled around the computer.  I stood there for a moment and admired my knight, my protector.  Through my trepidation, my heart swelled more for the man in front of me, if that was even possible.  I walked into the room with my arms wrapped around myself in an attempt of forged security.  "Hey guys, did you find anything?"  In an instant, Liam was next to me, bringing me into a hug, giving me what my own arms could not.

   "You're awake," he stated.  "Sorry, I wasn't there when you woke up.  I just wanted to get back in hear and try to locate that bastard."

   "It's okay.  I'm glad you were in here.  So, what's up?"  Liam wrapped his arm around my should and brought me up to the computer.

   "Anne, I don't want to hide anything from you, but this is pretty disturbing.  We were able to get some footage of Jason through the different feeds.  Let me show you."

   Liam was able to pull of a feed from a store across from the cafe and it showed him entering the cafe.  Due to use sitting outside we were able to the show down with Miranda.  A since of pride washed over me as I watched her go down to her knees and me standing up for myself. That was quickly replaced with terror when I noticed that not even three feet away from me stood Jason taking my picture.  I backed the footage up to when I was re-entering the patio area and not even five steps behind me was Jason.  He was even closer when I froze in my spot noticing Miranda.  He literally could have reached out and touched me.  I continued to watch the video through.  After I released Miranda from my hold, she exited the cafe but then stayed on the sidewalk.  Almost immediate, Jason left to.

   "Watch this part, Anne."  Liam remarked, pointing at the screen.

   Jason walked right up to Miranda and kissed her.  They were together.

***Feedback is welcome. Voting is appreciated!***