Chapter Thirty-Two (Unedited)

LIAM'S POV:

"Nooooooo!"

Anne's scream broke through the last of my reserve. My vision literally went red and nothing was going to stop me from getting to her. I brought my foot up to drove it through the door next to the handle, shattering the cheap wooden door frame. The door flew open and slammed against the wall. My eyes immediately found Anne's terrified stare. A quickly can showed that mother fucker's knife slicing into her stomach, a crimson pooling around the blade. The crash of the door caused him to turn his head towards me. On a rage induced impulse, I aimed my gun and put one right between his eyes. Sure I could have aimed to incapacitate him, but that fucker will never get out again, never hurt my girl again. I could faintly hear Anne screaming at the gore that spread across the bed. My rage still consumed me in the need to make sure that threat was taken care of for good; that he will never be able to reach my Anne or her sister again. Keeping my gun trained on him, I made my way over to the bed. As soon as Mike entered the room, I put my gun away and set my focus on Anne.

"Baby, its okay. I'm here. I got you." I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince her or myself at the moment. I think it was working for us both. Steady tears streamed down her cheeks as quiet sobs raked her bound body. My eyes and my hands did a quick inventory of her wounds. She had a couple of nasty welts on her face, a busted lip and a gash on her stomach, but thank God, nothing looked life threatening. I quickly unbound her arms and pulled her into a quick embrace. I peppered her cheeks and forehead with kisses then took another look at her. Fuck! She was practically naked in a room full of guys. I stripped my shirt off over my head and slid it down over hers. Then I made my way to her ankles and unbound them. I lifted her up bridal style and carried her out of her nightmare. Anne nuzzled her head into my chest and clutched tighter around my neck. She was afraid I would put her down. I was just as afraid to let her go.

By now, the police and ambulance had shown up. On officer approached me to take my statement. I basically told him to fuck-off and if he wanted to speak with me, he could do so at the hospital because there was now way in fuck I was letting her go, not now, not ever. When we got the ambulance, the EMT tried to get Anne to let go of me and to sit on the gurney. She was having none of that and just grabbed on tighter and buried her face into the my chest. The EMT finally relented and allowed me to sit on the gurney with Anne in my arms. The EMT did a quick check of her vitals before lifting us into the back of ambulance.

"Hey, is she okay? She hasn't spoken since I got her out of there." I looked at the EMT, expressing my concern.

"She seems to be okay. Her pulse-ox is fine, blood pressure is good too. Her heart rate is a little high, but that is to be expected. She is probably just processing what has happened in there. She does have a gash on her stomach, but that looks superficial, nothing to deep and that a few stitches can't take care of. Hold this gauze down on it and that should stop the bleeding." The EMT patted my shoulder, then closed the back of the ambulance. Thank fuck my baby was going to be okay. Well, physically anyway. Who knows how much this will mess with her mentally.

I looked up for her stomach wound to see her gazing at me with a small smile. I looked her deep in the eyes and placed my hand on the side of her cheek, brushing it with my thumb. "I love you, Anne. Thank God I found you" Her eyes widened a fraction, then fresh tears started to stream down her checks as she recoiled from my touch.

ANNE'S POV:

As Jason's blade began to slice through my flesh, I heard a loud crash. My eyes darted towards the sound and are met with intense green ones filled with rage and relief. His eye flick from mine, making me feel immediately alone. In a blink, his arm was raised, followed by a loud bang. Blood splatters as Jason's body falls next to me. A piercing scream fills the room. Liam pulls me into an embrace and I realize the scream was mine.

I am safe.

I am safe and Liam is here.

I keep repeating this in my head trying to convince myself that it is over. I feel a warm fabric being placed on er my body. Liam has covered up my exposed body. I felt myself enveloped in warmth as Liam lifts me up. I nuzzled my head I to his strong muscular chest. The warmth of his skin bring me a sense of calm.

A man tries to take me from Liam, but I grab ahold of him tighter. My fear is still to strong. I can't let go yet.

I am safe.

I am safe and Liam is here.

Liam's loving eyes gaze into mine. I can see his concern, but still can't find my voice. "I love you, Anne. Thank God I found you." He did. He found me. Thank God he found me, but how. After all of this time looking for Jason, how did he find me.

Miranda. He was with Miranda and is touching me with his hand that was just touching her. I recoiled from his touch and looked away. Images of what he had to do to get this information flashed through my mind. Jason's taunting words torturing my soul and breaking my heart. The pain in my heart overshadowing the pain Jason just inflicted on me. The sense of betrayal is fresh and deep.