Chapter Nineteen (Unedited)

Blinking my eyes open, I cannot help the small smile that graces my face.  Memories of last night with Liam flashed before my eyes, causing me checks to flush.

    "Thinking of me." Liam chuckled huskily in my ear.  His strong arm pulls me closer as he nuzzles my neck and send goose bumps across me my body.  I turned my head and locked eyes with his glazed over emerald green ones.  His heated look sent warmth to my core, readying me for him.  Next thing I knew, I was flipped on my back and Liam captured my lips with his, showing me his emotions, love and longing.  My arms wrapped around his neck as his hand fisted my hair, positioning my head to deepen our kiss.

Bang, Bang, Bang...

   "Ignore it babe.  They'll go away."  Then he captured my lips again.

Bang, Bang, Bang...

   I giggled into Liam's lips as he groaned.  "NOT HOME!" Liam shouted, then he returned to neck with open mouth kisses and nibbling on my collar bone.

Briiiing...Briiiing...Briiiing

    "This better be important!" Liam growled into his phone.

    "It is asshole!  Open the FUCKING door!", Mike replied then disconnected the line.

    "Babe, get dressed.  Mike is downstairs and it sound important."  He kissed me softly, then deepened it almost immediately.  "We will be picking this up once he gone."

    "Mmmm", is all I could get out.  I was to high on Liam to get a coherent thought out.  Liam chest vibrates as he chuckles, knowing that he has this effect on me.

                                                                                     ***

     "About fucking time, love birds."  Mike snapped at us, then shook his head.

    "Mike, you seem stressed, did something happen?  Is Laurelli okay?", My heart quickened with why he was here and why meeting with us is so urgent.  Sensing my anxiety, Liam lead me to the couch then sat down next to me.

    "Spill, Mike.  We were busy and I would like to be busy again in about...3 minutes." Shocked by Liam's announcement, but not really, I smacked him the arm.

    "Well shit.  You guys finally moved past PG 13 again.  Sorry about that."  Mike smirked and waggled his eyebrows.

    "Times a wasting, jack ass."  Liam glared at Mike and tapped his nonexistent watch.

    "Okay, I think we got a break on Jason's location."

    "What!?", I screeched.  I felt all of the blood drain from my body and my limbs went ice cold.  Instantly, my body started shaking and my vision was obscured with black spots.

     "Shhhh, baby.  It's okay.  I am right here. I will NOT let anything happen to you. Breathe, baby, breathe."  Liam slowly breathed in and out, coaching me through my panic attack.  I focused on him and his eyes and the protection that I know that he will give to me.

    Turns out, that security footage from the train station captured multiple images of Jason exiting the train and getting into a taxi.  Detective Briggs, Mike and Liam had me provide a positive ID on Jason from the images.  Shit just got real.

    When Liam said that he would protect me, he was not kidding.  I swear, I had more security detail than the Queen of England. Liam has temporarily moved into my home and was near me 24/7.  He is taking his job very seriously and has been hands-off.  He states that he doesn't want to be distracted and be caught with his pants down, both figuratively and literally.  I totally understand that, but it doesn't make me want him any less.  I have an additional three guards watching my house at all times, whether I am home or not and an additional two guards that follow me to work.  When Sarah and I go for our runs, it looks like a mini-marathon with my guards running with us.  Liam up ahead of us, I don't mind due to the fantastic view, and two guards taking up the rear.  In all it is ridiculous, but at least I feel safe.  

    It has been two weeks since we had the lead on Jason and now it is radio silence. Liam and I spend our evenings scouring security video from hotels, motels, gas stations, traffic cameras etc. and we have not found any more evidence that his is here. Knowing Jason, he let the train station pick up video of him so I would know that he was close.  He thrives on my fear.

    As if the Jason resurfacing two weeks ago didn't bring enough anxiety to my life, Miranda decided to show her face again too.  She is constantly up at the bar during my shifts, flaunting herself in front of Liam. She is perpetually wearing clothes that are two sizes to small with her tits and ass hanging out. She takes every opportunity to  saunter up to Liam and place her hand on his bicep or on his chest.  The only thing that keeps me from ripping her face off is the looks that Liam gives her.  At first I was worried, but he usually just gives off an exasperated sign and uses two fingers to remover he hand from his body.  Then he finishes it up with some like, "Miranda, don't touch me, don't look at me.  I am with Anne, leave."  Quick and to the point, I like it!

   Today, the bitch decided to step it up a notch and try to get into my head.  Her and her posse of playboy bunny wanna be's were sitting at a table in my section.  Liam, Mike, and Chris were just a couple of round tops away from them.  Every time I was within ears shot, Miranda was recounting one of their sexual encounters-with detail, lots of detail.  I swear I could taste vomit in my mouth.  I knew Liam wasn't innocent, that he had experience.  With the way he could bring my body to life, it was obvious that he had practiced...a lot.  I just hate that it was with her. As hard as she tried though, I kept my cool and did my job.  I delivered her drinks with a smile in response to her sneer.  I ignored the snide remarks coming from her faction of followers. "Liam will get tired of her.", "She is so plain.", "I know you were a better fuck."  These went on and on.  The one that actually stopped me to listen was when Miranda claimed to have talked to him last night and that Liam wanted to hook up. She showed her phone's call log to prove her point, smirking at me. I just rolled my eyes and walked away with Miranda giggling in what she tough was a victory.  Little did she know that I knew for a fact that she called him last night...I was there.  But, that was not how the conversation went.

   Her last attempt for the evening was when she saw me approaching from the other end of the bar and went up behind Liam and wrapped her arms around him.  Instead of throwing her arms off of him, Liam placed his hand over hers.  My stomach dropped and clinched when a ghost of a smile graced his perfect lips. Miranda locked eyes with me triumphantly, giving me a smug look.  Instead of running off this time, I swallowed my distress and watched.  With her eyes still locked on me, she nuzzled into his neck and whispered into his ear. My heart literally stopped when I saw her lips graze his earlobe. Liam's eyes widened immediately, then furrowed almost instantaneously. He bolted upright out of his seat and glared down at her. I could hear him bellow over the house band, "What the actual FUCK!  What don't you get?!  Don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't fucking look at me! I.am.with.ANNE!"  Liam then searched my eyes out in the crowd and stode towards me. With one arm wrapped around my waist and the other hand fisted in my hair, he gazed into my eyes and breathed, "I am so sorry." Then he claimed my lips in a passionate kiss. Marking me as his and him as mine for all to see.

    Faintly in the background, obscured by my lust filled haze, I heard someone say, "Miranda, you might just want to walk away.", followed by an exasperated screech.

***Feedback is welcome. Voting is appreciated!***