Chapter 2

*Unedited*
Brianna parked her rental car outside of the mansion she bought for her family and let out a shaky breath. She could do this. They were her family and they loved her regardless. Her mother might be upset that she hadn't seen her in ages but she would get over it as soon as she saw her. Brian would be happy too, they were always close. Brittany was the tough one. She would take a couple of days but she would forgive her.

She intended to try harder to be around more. Life was too short to spend it working and she realized that now. The fact that her brother might have found someone to settle down with and she had not met them slightly bothered her. Brittany was graduating as well and she felt like she missed all her high school years, which she did. And those were the real growing years.

She wiped her sweaty palms in her skinny jeans and grabbed her purse as she exited the car. It was still a little too early for dinner so her mother might be in the kitchen still cooking along with Bailey. She wasn't sure if Brian was there or not but it was a Saturday so unless Brittany was out with friends, she would be home. Glancing around the environment, she smiled. She had always loved the fact that the community was safe and friendly.

Brianna walked up to the front door and placed her hand on the door knob but failed to turn it. This was ridiculous. She was more nervous about this than she was about any meeting she had to attend or any celebrity she had met. Taking a deep breath, she turned the handle but the door failed to open. It was locked. Well at least they were careful. Not wanting to knock, she dug into her purse and took out the copy of the house key she always kept.

"I really think Blaze would prefer if you knock. Or are you not supposed to be there?" the comment came from behind her and already consumed by her nerves, she spun around and went tumbling off the steps. The stranger had caught her before she managed to hit the ground and she went to thank him but then she remembered his comment.

Was he insinuating that she was a thief? Who would be that stupid to break into a house in broad daylight? In this community? And how could she break into her own house? How dare he? She didn't even know him! Finally looking into this accusing, out of place stranger's eyes she gasped silently.

He was beautiful. He stood at almost a foot above her with neatly groomed black hair that had fallen out of place, in a cute way, when he had moved to catch her. His tanned skin was clean and fresh as if had just stepped out of the shower. He looked dashing in just some fitted jeans and a blue dress shirt. His eyes were a deep shade of blue and for a brief second Brianna allowed her eyes to drift to his pink lips which his tongue darted out to lick.

Sweet Jesus. Brianna took a deep breath yet again and reminded herself that this man, however beautiful he was, had just called her a thief. Not to mention he called her mother by her first name- Blaze. Her mother had never let any of her boyfriends call her Blaze. It had always been Ms. Jaxton for them.

Pushing away from him, she cleared her throat and attacked, "I don't know who you think you are but how dare you accuse me of such things? This is my home."

"Oh really?" he narrowed his eyes at her, "I know every member of this household very well and you are not one of them so I'll give you a second chance to explain before I call the police."

"This is ridiculous! Do what you want, think what you may but this is my house and I don't need a stranger to tell me who lives here," Brianna scoffed and approached the door yet again and used the key she brought. Unfortunately, it failed and her cheeks burnt red in embarrassment. "They must have changed the locks."

Turning to look at the stranger who raised an eyebrow at her she scowled and decided to do the normal thing; she rang the doorbell. It didn't take long before the door opened and her mother stood at the door staring at her in shock. She was quickly followed by her sisters who also seemed to be in shock. Their dog, Randy, was the first to run towards her.