Chapter 10

*Unedited*

Brianna proudly smiled as she watched her sister toss up her graduation hat with the rest of her class and erupt into cheers and laughter. She felt Jackson's arm go around her waist and squeeze her when her eyes had gotten a bit teary. She blinked back her tears of joy and met his warm gaze with her own for a brief second before she glanced back at the stage. Her sister was now moving towards the section her family had chosen to sit.

Brianna was the first to get up and greet her sister with a tight hug. The tears she had been holding back earlier now flowed freely into her sister's gown and Brittany almost shed tears of her own when she realized.

"Sis don't cry," Brittany pleaded but it was too late so all she could do was comfort her sister, "Thank you for being here. It means a lot that you kept your word."

"I'm never missing anything important again. I'm so proud of you Britt. I love you," Brianna mumbled into her sister's shoulder but she heard her words clear.

"I love you too and I forgive you, completely," Britt smiled reassuringly at her elder sister who now pulled away to meet her eyes directly.

"Thank you," she grinned happily and stepped away from Brittany so that the rest of her family could congratulate her.

Happiness couldn't describe the feeling that ran through her blood upon hearing she was forgiven by her sister. She was ecstatic. Brittany's forgiveness meant a lot to her and now that she finally had it, she could sleep well at night for the rest of her vacation. She was already two weeks in and so the next month and a half she could spend making memories with her family now that there was no bad blood between them. Her face wore a relaxing smile at the realization.

"Mr. Steel," Brianna was drawn from her thoughts by an unfamiliar voice, as a man greeted Jackson formally, "I just made reservations with you in Italy. The family and I are flying out to celebrate my daughter graduating and all."

"Well, I hope everything will be to your liking and if it isn't, you know where to reach me," Jackson smiled warmly and Brianna scrutinized him. What were they talking about?

"I do but I'm sure the service will be great as always," the man replied.

"Well best wishes and tell your daughter I said congratulations," Jackson said as he placed his hand on Brianna's lower back. The man only grinned in response before walking towards his family. Brianna looked up at Jackson curiously but he ignored her questioning gaze and led her towards his car.

They were leaving for the airport immediately to fly out to the Bahamas for their family vacation. Brianna had been informed earlier that her mother had invited Jackson, not that she had a problem with it. Brittany and Bailey would be riding with them to the airport while their mother would join Brian and Erica in their car.

The car ride was rather short and uneventful and Brianna soon found herself being ushered into the airport by Jackson. Instead of going through the normal flight processes, however, she watched as Jackson led her family to a secluded area. It didn't go unnoticed when several men had nodded in acknowledgement of Jackson's appearance nor did she miss the private jet her family had been secured on.

She was itching with questions but Jackson didn't appear to be in the mood to answer them and her family kept staring at her with amused expressions. She realized she would have to figure it out all on her own. It wasn't hard though, with the obvious clues like when the flight attendant approached Jackson and referred to him as 'Mr. Steel" and said she hoped everything was to his liking. The guy was evidently drowning in cash.

"Jackson, is there something you need to tell me?" Brianna hissed lowly and jammed his side with her elbow. He winced and turned to look at her.

"I don't think so," he said innocently and she glared at him, "We can talk when we land. Right now, I'm tired."