Chapter 11

*Unedited* (I wanted to update earlier but there were issues, so here you go!)

Brianna and her family had decided to spend the next day by the beach before they started touring the island and getting into activities. They had been on a long journey the previous day and wanted to spend the day relaxing. Jackson, however, had to go to a brief meeting with his staff but he told them he would join them after.

Brianna was wearing a tiny bikini swimsuit with a rather colourful pattern on it. She had chosen to leave her hair down earlier and because of the breeze on the beach it was now wild and wavy. She was sitting by the bar, ordering a drink and texting her assistant about the documents she had read over last night when a tall, handsome man approached her.

She immediately looked up from her phone after she realized her light was being blocked and almost gasped at the sight before her. The man was gorgeous and shirtless which left Brianna no choice but to discreetly study him. He obviously goes to the gym, Brianna thought to herself. A lot.

"Somehow, I feel like I know you," he grinned and she felt her insides melt. His smile was perfect. Not as perfect as Jackson's. She ignored the voiced inside her head and focused on the beautiful man before her.

"Yeah? I think I'd remember meeting you though," she teased and his smile widened.

"You voice is even more pleasing than I imagined it to be," he was genuine.

"Thank you ahh..."

"Patrick," he stretched his hand out for her to shake. She placed her tiny hands in his which seemed too big for her. No sparks.

"Brianna," she grinned. Her smiled faltered when she glanced around and her eyes found Jackson's. He was wearing shorts with no t-shirt and somehow managed to look as if he was on a runway. His body wasn't as built as the man in front of her but she felt her chest tighten and he stomach tingle all at once just by looking at him. He had to have been sculpted by God himself.

The glare he sent in her direction made her know he wasn't pleased at what he was seeing and it only darkened when Patrick place his hand lightly against her mid back to gain her attention once again.

"Would you like a drink Brianna?" he asked as she felt her hands perspire.

"Yes, thank you. That would be lovely," she told him. He called over the bartender and she told him what she wanted to drink.

"You can just put that on my tab. I don't like it much when other men pay for my girl's drink," the voice she had been anticipating spoke darkly. Brianna and Patrick spun around quickly. Jackson's glare was threatening, as if he was daring her to say otherwise. Brianna loved a challenge.

"I am most definitely not his girl!" Brianna exclaimed trying her best to sound disgusted by the idea. She turned to Patrick and placed one of her hands on his chest, "He's my neighbour. My family and I planned this vacation and they felt sorry for him and brought him along."

"Oh, I love charity," Patrick grinned and Brianna had to fight the laughter that threatened to escape. Jackson grabbed her hand, pulled her away from the stranger and pushed her behind him protectively.

"One phone call to the front desk and I'll have you escorted out of my hotel immediately," Jackson warned lowly.

"Jackson!" Brianna gasped and stepped between both men, "He's just joking. Jackson likes to mess around. Ignore him."

"Perhaps another time. It seems you're quite busy. What's your room number?" Patrick said calmly.

"I'm in room 104," Brianna informed him before she felt herself being lifted and thrown over Jackson's shoulder. He stormed off, "You're giving everyone on this beach a lovely view."