Chapter 4

I will update as I am albe to, as I have a life and I am in University.

*Unedited*

Jackson checked his emails yet again. There was so much work to do it appeared he would have to fly out sooner than he had intended to. Though he loved being the boss of one of the most successful hotel chains across the world and working from home, he still had to travel often for business. Placing his laptop on his coffee table, he stood up from his couch and stretched trying hard not to think about the bombshell next door who was keeping him up.

He had never missed a breakfast with the Jaxtons when he was home but today he decided to skip because he needed to give Brianna some time to connect with her family without him hovering around. He could imagine the glare Brittany was giving her right now, the admiring look Bailey would be sending her way and the over-protective one that Brian would be sending in his direction.

He couldn't keep his eyes off her when she was around him and so it hadn't taken long for Brian to notice the way he had been staring at his sister throughout dinner and then breakfast the following day she had arrived. He didn't expect Brian to warn him away from her though because the Jaxtons knew him to be a decent man. Jackson walked to his window and saw Brianna outside, along with Brian's fiancé on the front lawn petting Randy and he was half tempted to go outside and steal the attention of the dog from her just because he knew it irritated her.

Laughing to himself, he decided against it and instead went back to his computer to sort through some of the work he had piling up with every minute that passed. He had to find a way to get through to Brianna but right now, work demanded his attention so he would have to deal with her later.

Brianna grinned as she watched Randy warm up to her. It was only her third day here but things were improving. Maybe not with Brittany but definitely with the dog. Her eyes drifted towards the house next door where Jackson resided. He hadn't come over yet since morning and frankly to how the house looked unoccupied, she wondered if he was even there.

"I read your magazine. I never miss a publication," Erica told Brianna in an attempt to strike up a conversation.

"Yeah? Thanks I guess," Brianna smiled impressed, "So what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a writer so most days I'm at home but Brian asked me to stay the week so we could get to know each other and so you could settle in," Erica replied.

"That's great. You and my brother are close, arent you?"

"We tell each other everything. It's what our relationship is based on; trust and conversation. I wouldn't be marrying him otherwise," Erica pointed out and Brianna chuckled.

"I figured," Brianna responded and looked over at Jackson's house yet again.

"You know what's a more interesting topic to talk about?" Erica proposed and Brianna quickly looked at her.

"What?"

"What's going on with you and Jack?" Erica smirked knowing she hit gold when Brianna looked at her as if caught red-handed.

"Who is Jack?"

"Oh, you wanna play that game?" Erica laughed.

"I don't play games. I don't know what you're talking about because I just got here, just met him and I don't know him like that or at all and isn't he dating one of my sisters? Like-"

"Who's dating one of my daughters?" Blaze came out to join the two women sitting on the lawn.

"Apparently, Jack is," Erica grinned.