Chapter 6

"Do you really trust Clark? " I asked once she saw us

"What.. what do you mean?" Her smile faded.
I looked at Evan who was smiling weakly, he put his arm around my shoulder and nodded.
"Karen...." i looked into her eyes,"Clark tried to rape me, he told me that he never loved you. " I could see Karen's face turning red. "Please understand it's hard for me to say this, but leave him, I know you love him, but don't, your just wasting your time. His a jerk. "
Karen's eyes was filled with tears, she took a deep breath, "and yeah.. he doesn't love me, he loves you. " she weeped her tears away."is that what you're trying to tell me? To leave him so that you can be with him? Right? "She turned to leave.
I followed her, grabbed her shoulder and forced her to face me." Do you even know what you're talking about?"
   She stared into my eyes, her eyes sparkling, "I never thought you were like this, Lorraine, I'm so sorry for trusting you so much."
   Her words felt like a stab in my chest.
   I stood there watching her leave, from a fast walk to a run, she ran out of the mall.
   I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to face Evan. He weeped away my tears and suddenly, grabbed me in his arms. My heart was filled with the warmth of his body. I didn't wanted to pull away. I couldn't.
   He buried his face in my hairs, "you told her the truth... you did what was right." He whispered in my ear, "she's blinded by her love for Clark. There is a Chinese saying, 真相畢露,it means the truth must be discovered one day.once she realise, she will thank you."
   I stood there, in the middle of the shopping mall, in his arms. Eventually, I stopped sobbing, and he gently pulled away. Holding my hand, we walked out of the mall.
   I sat there in his car while he drove me back home in silence.
   I thank him weakly and got off his car, before I leave, he told me to be strong. He said I could count on him, I knew I could.
   I entered the house to face a giggling Alsace.
   "Hey!!!! Who was that?? I saw everything!!! Was it your Boyfriend?? Omg!" She said following me to my room.
   "No, just a Friend." I replied coldly.
   "Yeah.. blablabla.. who are you fooling, I saw how he was looking at you!"
  I felt myself blushing,"how?"
  "With LOVE!" She said giggling even harder.
  "There's really nothing between us."
   "There will be!" She said leaving my room." By the way, this weekend Mom and dad are going on a road trip, just that you know."
   "Oh..."

   I acted as normal as possible

   I acted as normal as possible. I didn't wanted my mom or dad to know what was going on.
   Mom and dad both ignored the fact that I came home late the other day and skipped one day of school. Somehow, they knew to leave me alone in this situation.
   I was really sad, I lost my Best Friend, and almost got raped by her Boyfriend. But I was extremely grateful for having Evan by my side. I've only known him for 2 days now, but it felt like years. I knew I could trust him, for the first time in my life, I met a guy who I could trust.
   The next day, Evan came to my house to ride me to school. My parents were both shocked, but tried to act normal.
   I wasn't planning on going to school to be honest, so even when Evan ran the door bell, I was still sleeping.
   "Hey... your Friend is here , he's waiting for you, wake up Lorraine or else your gonna be late for school!" My Mom shook me gently to wake me up.
   "What Friend?" I was dizzy.
   "Your Friend Evan." She said with a naughty smile.
   "Mom....he's just a Friend I swear!" I said jumping off my bed.
   "Ok ok... anyways get ready soon!"
   So I threw on some clothes and washed my face. I ran down the stairs to meet Evan sitting on the coach, chatting with my Dad.
Oh shit...
   "She's here, you better get going!" My dad said tapping on Evan's shoulder.
   "Sure, it was nice seeing you sir!" He said ," have a nice day."
   And without saying a word we rash out of the house. Once we entered his car I started to laugh. For the first time in days, I was laughing.
   "What??" Evan who was riding really fast said .
   "HAVE A NICE DAY SIR!" I said copying him," what were you thinking??"
   He laughed, "I was just being polite ok? You have a great family. You are so lucky." He said. He was silent for a second, but laughed weakly again.
   I looked at my watch, 8:15 , "oh no! We're late! I'm so sorry!" I apologised sincerely.
   "It's ok. You shouldn't be missing school. Also, your dad said I can pick you up Everyday."
   "What?? I'm not a baby, I can take care of myself!"
   He gave me a charming smirk and said, "you are my baby."
   I felt my face heating up. What does he mean??
   We were both quiet for the rest of the trip.
   Once he pulled his car into the school parking, we ran towards the classroom, we were both having poetry class, Ms Penny's class.
   "This is the first time I'm late." I told him as I took out my book from my locker.
   We went to the classroom, and apologised for being late. I could see girls rolling their eyes as we entered.
   We sat down on our usual seats, I had the chance to glance around the class.
   I saw Karen sitting with the sparkles. She was wearing heavy makeup and had her hair done. It was not like her. Clark was not in the class.
   Seeing Karen made my heart ache. And I looked down at my desk. Evan who was sitting beside me squished my hand under the desk and gave me a smile.
   I smiled back.
   It was a new day, and I had to be strong. I wasn't alone after all.
  I opened my book and was ready to start the day.
❓make a Guess❓
Does Karen love Evan?

🗣P.s. Guys go follow this awesome writer, she's currently writing a horror story. It's AWESOME!! SuperNukooo

 It's AWESOME!! SuperNukooo