Chapter 8

(Lol that grinning guy in the pic tho😂)

  The next day, I woke up as normal and I wasn't sure if I had to wait for Evan to pick me up or not

  The next day, I woke up as normal and I wasn't sure if I had to wait for Evan to pick me up or not. I waited for a while and left for school.
   Once I entered the school, I could sense something weird. People looked at me and whispered in each other's ears as I passed by the corridors. Some gave me dirty looks, but some boys from the Basketball team just laughed as they passed by me.
   I saw Evan from behind and followed up with him.
   "Hey..." I said as I tapped on his shoulder.
   He turned and stared at me from up to bottom,examining me.
   "Hey..." he said , his voice was dry and cold, just for a second, I thought I saw sadness in his eyes.
  I couldn't take it anymore. "What's wrong with everyone today?" I burst out.
   He seemed to be irritated," what's wrong with you?" He slightly yelled.
  "What are you talking about?"
   He looked at me with disbelief and took out his phone, he showed me a picture and it took me a few seconds to realise what it is.
   "This is what I'm talking about, this is what EVERYONE is talking about." He turned to leave.
   "Evan!" I called him as I followed up. "Do you not trust me??" He didn't stop. "He did it suddenly I had no idea what was going on! It must be another game of those girls!" I shouted.
   "Lorraine," he stopped, "Im not a part of your stupid game." He took a deep breath,"you said he was raping you, or rather, you looked for it ?"
   I was speechless, I couldn't believe what he was saying.
   "Evan.." I said weakly but he already disappeared into the hallways.
   I sat at the back of the class, alone, Evan came to the class later, he sat alone too, I could see Karen and her new friends trying to talk to him but he shooed them off.
  That's what they wanted, they wanted to take revenge on me, make me loose my Friend, my only Friend.
   They wanted everyone to think I was cheating on my Best Friend, well ex-best Friend, by showing them a pic of me and her boyfriend kissing.
   It was horrible.
   I had to talk with Evan. I don't want to lose him.
When the bell rang, Evan stood up to leave for his history class. I stood up too, carefully, avoiding attention from anyone, I left the room with quick steps and looked around for a tall,strong figure. The familiar face was nowhere far. I catch up with him and we walked in the same line.
"Hey." I said looking at him. He saw me from the corner of his eyes, but said nothing.
"You can't ignore me!" I said slightly rising my voice, but still not loud enough for others to hear.
"Explain." He said finally, his eyes were looking away but I could see a dim hope in them.
Just as I opened my mouth to talk, we reached the history class. I don't take history so there was no way I could talk to him now.
He stood for a while at the door, then turned to faced me. He was so close I could feel his breath brushing my forehead. (Lol don't worry it smelt like Colgate.) I felt myself heating up, it was the same feeling, what you may call, butterflies 🦋 . I felt the urge to hug him, I had to remind myself this is school and we are in the middle of an argument.
"See," he said, rubbing his neck, " I really like you, and I don't wanna lose you as a Friend. So I believe you. " he smiled .
I felt happy, but confused for a while, what? He likes me a lot? But only as a Friend? I didn't knew I should be happy or sad . Does it meant he friend zoned me? Screw feelings.
I forced out a smile and gave him a quick hug.
"Thank you."
As I was walking back the way to my class , he shouted "after school, Starbucks!"
I raised an okay sign 👌, and went to my class. I didn't cared about what others say. I had the ONE person I cared about . He's not mad at me anymore and he believes me.
Also, I forgave him as well, so we're equal.
But just then, a thought hit me.
He was kissing Karen , and said he liked me as a Friend? Well not exactly, he said he likes me but doesn't wanted to lose me AS A FRIEND. Either ways, could it be that he likes Karen?
I felt something ache, deep down, i was heartbroken. What if he did. Well, she's pretty, and ... I Guess popular. Any guy would like to date her.
But Evan is not any guy.
My inner voice told me.
And I believed it, or at least chose to do so.
I couldn't wait for shool to finish.

❓make a guess❓
Did Evan Friend zoned Lorraine?

  Let's play a game called find the star and press it ⭐️!    If you are writing any books, I will be more than happy to read and give you honest comments

If you are writing any books, I will be more than happy to read and give you honest comments. Just comment your book title! 🤗
🙌🏻new chapter coming soon!🙌🏻