Chapter 11 (LAST)

We were sitting on the rooftop, looking at the stars above us

   We were sitting on the rooftop, looking at the stars above us. Evan's arms wrapped around my shoulder. I felt safer that ever.
I looked at my watch, it was almost 1am. We've been up here for quite a time now.
Just then, Nancy ran up the stairs holding my phone, it was so kind of her not interrupt us all this time.
"It's been ringing a lot." She said handing me the phone.
I said a quick thank you and checked my phone. Yes, miss calls from my mom and Sister. What's wrong, I already told them I won't be coming home soon.
I dialed my moms no and only at the first BEEB, she already answered her phone.
"Oh good god why are you not answering your damn phone!" She screamed.
"It wasn't with me. Why, what's wrong?" I could here some crying voices from the other side of the phone. Something's definitely going on.
"Karen's in the hospital." She said.
"Why??" My mind went blurry. What's happening.
"She..."she lowered her voice, "she tried to suicide. She cut her wrist."
My phone dropped. I felt chill throughout my body. Evan took my phone and shook me. He talked with my Mom.
"We're going to hospital, NOW!" He ordered.
I quickly thanked Nancy and ran out of the house. Evan drived quickly as I sobbed and whipped my tears away.
"Baby, please don't cry, I'm sure she'll be alright!" He tried to calm me down.
"But... why.. why didn't she tell me, if.. if she was going through so much." I managed to say In between my sobs.
He gave me a quick glance and held my hand with one hand, using the other one to drive.
"Oh honey you can't cry now, you should be there to support her, crying won't help at all." He said , gently bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it, while trying to balance the car.
I took out a tissue and cleaned my face.
"You'r right, "I said trying to calm down, clearing my mind.
We arrived in the hospital, but they wouldn't let us in. She was in the emergency room. The Doctors said she will be fine, we just can't visit her yet.
I tried to talk with her Mom about why she tried to kill herself , but she had no idea as well. She kept blaming herself , for not being a good Mom, not taking care of Karen properly. Karen's dad was quiet. He sat on a bench and said nothing.
After a while, the doctor approached me and told me that Karen wanted to talk to me.
I put on a mask, and entered the bright, clean room , it smelt like rubbing alcohol. The room was so dead.
I looked at Karen who was lying lifelessly on the bed.(I know she is alive, but she was too tired to even rise her head.)
I sat beside her bed, holding her hand, carefully, avoiding to touch her new scars.
She slightly moved her head, eyes fixing on mine.
She opened her mouth.
"Lorraine-" she moaned in pain,
"It's ok, you don't need to say anything now." I said gently, rubbing her hand.
"No..." she cried," you have to know."
I kept quiet.
"I'm sorry.. that.. I made out with Evan." She said. "I saw the pain in your eyes."
"Oh. It's ok. " I smiled weakly. "There are more important things to explain." I said looking at her wrist.
Tears rolled down her cheeks, I whipped the away. She sobbed.
"I'm... I'm pregnant." She managed to say. Her face was all red , she breathed loudly, moaned in between because of her pain.
My brain was empty. I didn't understand it at first. It soaked in slowly. Then I got what she meant. Everything made sense now, why she tried to kill herself, why she accepted to get back to Clark, why she didn't tell her Mom about it.
I took a deep breath.
This was complicated.
"Does he know about it." I said quietly,
"Yes."
We both were silent again. Looking down, thinking.
"What did he said?" I spoke finally.
She sobbed, but there were no tears left. Her eyes were puffy and red. I wondered how Long she's been crying.
"He didn't believe it's his."
Oh god this is Hard.
"What do you say?" I asked.
"Of course he's the Father! Are you crazy?!" She yelled.
"I'm sorry. " I looked down again.

   After talking for a while, we decided to talk to Karen's Mom

   After talking for a while, we decided to talk to Karen's Mom. And we all started to discuss about it.
I love moments like this. We, as a family, all unite together to solve a problem in the best possible way.
"Yeah. I agree. " Evan said nodding,"you can't take away a life, a chance for your baby to live."
"And it's not good for yourself as well!" I added.
Karen wasn't crying anymore. She was hopeful. I could see that in her eyes. We all promised to help her, and I know we all will.
"I will keep it, no matter what it takes, I will try my best to be a good Mom." She said looking at all of us surrounding her bed. "And of course with the help from you guys." She smiled weakly, then rubbing her flat tummy.
"I just can't believe, that there is a life inside me."
We all smiled.
I looked at Evan who wrapped his arms around my shoulder.
I know whatever lying ahead of us will be difficult, but hey, no one said life was gonna be easy.
But we had each other, Karen, me , Mom, Lorraine, Karen's parents , and of course, Evan, who I knew no matter what, will stay by my side.
I looked at all those people around me, all those people that I love, and, I felt more blessed than ever.

🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎊
Yayyyy!!!! FINALLY FINISHED!!!
😆😆😆 TNX FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!

🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎊Yayyyy!!!! FINALLY FINISHED!!!😆😆😆 TNX FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
                           PLS VOTE!!!