Chapter 10

We were sitting in the living room while waiting for Evan's grandma to bring us her fresh made cookies.
She didn't look too old, about her sixties maybe. Definitely coloured her hair, but she didn't have much wrinkles and she was fairly fit.
"So, " she smiled at us while placing the cookies on the table." How did u guys meet?"
I quickly exchanged a look with Evan and was about to tell her that we're not dating.
"We go to the same school , obviously!" Evan said suddenly. She laughed and after talking a bit about random stuff, Evan went to his room at his grandma's house to change into something more comfortable .
Once he left, his grandma looked at me,
"You'r not actually dating, right?" She said smirking. Omg she and Evan have the same smirk!
I simply nodded.
"Hah! I knew it!" She said laughing. She leaned a bit closer , "but he loves you," she whispered,"I can see it , the way he looks at you. You know, that's how my Evan's grandpa used to look at me." She was quiet for a while.
"Never lose a man who trusts you when no one else does."
I kept my mouth shut, letting that soak in.
"What happened to your Husband ms-" I asked.
"Just call me Nancy. He died in WWII. Oh, a fine man he was,very young. He left, we were gonna marry when he would come back, but, he never did, later, my belly got big. " she whipped away a tear. "He was my only love, I'm Glad to have his child..."
I smiled and gave her a hug, just as we were pulling away Evan came back downstairs.
He was wearing a black pair of shorts and a grey t-shirt. And of course, the gorgeous smile never leaving his face.
"Wow you guys became so close already!" He said winking at me.
We looked at each other and laughed.
"Oh I have to tell my parents I'm here, " I said taking out my phone. It was already 8 pm.
  I told my mom that I was with Evan and won't be coming back yet, she said ok and told me to have fun . I knew what she meant lol.
   "Let's go to my room," Evan grabbed my wrist and pulled me up the stairs.
   "I used to live with my grandma before I went to china. "
   We climbed up a few more stairs and there we were, in a tiny, but tidy room, more like a loft actually. 👇

   I looked around the room, then looked at Evan and smiled

   He smiled back. Looking into my eyes.
   My heart was racing, Nancy's words were flashing in my brain. I imagined letting him go. Not having him in my life anymore, all of a sudden. I felt my chest pumping, i was so red. My head went blur, so did my vision. Was I crying? No. I was just too nervous my eyes got wet.
   I moved one step closer, so did he, we were so close, our bodies almost touching, I felt the urge to hug him, to hold him close. He leaned down, his face near to mine, I could feel his warm breath in my face. He brushed a few hair out of my face and brought his face closer to mine, our lips almost touching. I stepped back.
Not. Now. Not. Here.
   "I'm sorry," I said climbing down the stairs. I asked Nancy where the toilet was and locked myself inside.
   He didn't come after me.
He is disappointed.
   I'm an idiot. Why did I pull away.
   Tears were forming in my eyes. I was so close to having him. His lips, his body, his touch. I've ruined everything.
   I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was red, my eyes filled with tears. My hair was messy.
   I washed my face and was patting it dry when there was a knock on the door.
  "Hey.. are you ok?" I could hear the concern in his voice.
Maybe it's not over yet.
   " um yeah...just, give me a bit time." I said, my voice cracked in between.
  He laughed,
Was he not Mad at all?
  "What?" I snapped back.
  "Are you on your period?" He said, I could imagine the smirk on his face.
  "No I'm not!" I shouted opening the toilet door.
  For just a second his face was surprised but he hid it. Not well enough tho, cuz I saw that. As I imagined,He was smirking.
   "Good, cuz I have something to show you." He left and I followed him. We went to the rooftop.
   "Look up," Evan said, pointing at the sky.
   Then I saw it, thousands and thousands of shining stars. Blinking. They were just beautiful.
   I turned to see Evan smiling at me.
   I smiled back.
   "Thank you." I whispered.
   "Wait." He went downstairs and brought up a telescope.

   He set it up and pointed at it,"go have a look

   He set it up and pointed at it,"go have a look."
   I put my eyes on the glasses and looked at the sky.
   It was stunning, beautiful. I had no words to describe it.
  After a while, I stopped looking  and turned to Evan.
   "Evan, thank you so much," I said smiling,"thanks for everything."
   He smiled back and looked at his watch quickly. "Look up, right now!" He ordered.
   I immediately looked at the sky and saw a shooting star. I quickly wished that I will never lose Evan in my life.
   Then it was gone.
   This night couldn't get any better.
   "Lorraine," Evan said from behind me.
   "I...um..." his ears were all red.
   "I can't imagine my life without you, since I met you, I knew that you were the one. "He looked at his watch again, "it's now officially the Valentine's Day, " he took a deep breath.
   "Lorraine I love you, please be my Girlfriend."
   I had no words to say. All these time , he had been feeling what I felt, he prepared all this , on this day, at this time. I was left speechless.
   I was sure my eyes spoke for me too, and I didn't want to ruin it by saying anything. Without any hesitation, I embraced myself in his muscular, warm arms.
   "I love you too." I whispered.
   He lowered his face, his lips reaching for mine.
  I knew it was the right time this time.
  He gently Kissed my lips, I kissed back too. His soft breath touching my skin.
   We kissed for what felt like forever and always. It was just so familiar, everything felt so right and so in place. Neither of us felt like pulling away. After so long , we were finally together.
   And that was no doubt the best night of my life.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
                     VOTE!!!

   YAYYY!!!! They are finally together!!!    The story is not finished yet though,    There's only 2 more chapters left,    Keep reading it!!!!

   The story is not finished yet though,
   There's only 2 more chapters left,
   Keep reading it!!!!