4 - Garrett

Song of the chapter - Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode

➡️I've made the potentially earth shattering decision to just go ahead and spell out the curse words. Sorry if that offends you, but the * were starting to get on my nerves⬅️

Leaning against my car and looking out over the parking lot, I watched for the asshat to show up. Matt was seriously pissing me off with his I'm not really an asshole act. I mean, what loser at this school didn't already know he was a complete asshole?

Or maybe they didn't. Seriously, these idiots needed to open their effing eyes. Figuring out this d-bag was like watching my mom's soap operas. No plot and shity acting. Why wasn't   more of the student body clued in to him. It made no sense at all.

Fuck it. Why waste my time trying to understand it. I was already wasting my time watching out for the douche's every move. I wasn't fooled by the fact he hadn't done anything to the little mouse yet. Honestly, it was just a matter of time before he struck back at her.

He had been the one to dump her, but I had a strong feeling it was a preemptive strike. His behavior had changed over the weekend, he saw it coming and didn't want to let her have the control. Guys like him never change and his image is more important than anything else.

As I was standing in the lot, waiting for the jerk, I saw him round the corner of the main building with some of his crew and that empty headed blond that's always hanging on him. They were all laughing about something, and that girl was rubbing her hand up and down his arm, trying to get his attention. I had to hand it to him, he really played his part well, always looking like the perfect jock. He was almost as good at his act as I was at mine.

He was scanning the lot for something as he walked toward his car, when his eyes fell on me, locking in place. His previously casual smirk became a menacing glare immediately. Damn, the ass was trying to let me know his true feelings for me. Well, it was nice to know he cared.

We kept the face off going for a few seconds, me not daring to look away and him not willing to. He continued to glare as he unlocked his door and climbed into his car, never once losing eye contact. That's talent.

I stood, watching, as he peeled out of the lot, leaving a trail of rubber in his wake. Now, that was a perfectly good waste of some quality tires. There's no way I would treat a good low profile tread that badly.

He was headed in the opposite direction of Amber's house, same as the day before, so I decided to go straight to Nico's. I really had no desire to watch that fucker anymore.

April and Amber would probably get there ahead of me, which I preferred. I hated this detective shit but the alternative was not an option. No one deserved Matt's version of dating.

As I pulled up to Nico's house, I was surprised that April's Mustang was no where to be found. If there was a problem she would have texted me or Nico, so there really wasn't a reason to panic. But I did. Just a little.

"Nico!" I called to him as I walked toward the garage, his usual afternoon location.

"Back here! Where else would I be?"

Fucker.

"Where's April? She should be here by now." I demanded as I entered said garage. Nico was bent over the hood of the piece-of-shit Camero we'd been working on for the past few weeks. He looked up at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, someone's awfully over protective. Worried about your girl?"

Asshole.

"Drop it. Where are they." I was not feeding into his suggestions. Ever since Amber took off from there the day before, Nico had been giving me hell about her.