Bonus Chapter - READ IT HERE!!

G and the crew had a great time over at A Wattpad Chrimbo (British slang for Christmas)! Now that the contest is over, I am posting their bonus epilogue RIGHT HERE! I am also happy to announce (again) the winners of the title contest. The winning title, submitted by silkydreams is...

SURPRISE!

Second and third place go to MaryFahey  for CHRISTMAS OUR WAY, and gabycabezut  for A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER. Thanks so much for reading and joining the Chrimbo!

----------

Garrett turned the car onto April and Nico's street, an older neighborhood not far from Nico's mom's house. They had been living there for the last six months, moving in right after their honeymoon. I looked on as we continued down the street. The houses were decorated with the colorful lights of the season, some burnt out already and most without any fanfare. The homes were modest and old, but taken care of. Nico had bought the house as a wedding gift to April, something quite unexpected. In fact, she was a little irritated that he had picked it out without her consent.

That is, until she saw it. The cottage style, white picket thing didn't seem like her style, but apparently it was because April got all gushy when Nico took her there, dragging Garrett and I along with them. Garrett insisted Nico had requested it for backup, in case April tried to kill him. However, I knew that it was to prove he had done the right thing. We saw it firsthand. Unfortunately.

April loved it so much, she dragged Nico inside to "christen" it. Garrett and I took off immediately.

"I can't believe she's not having turkey. Who doesn't have turkey for Christmas dinner?" Garrett muttered. He had hated her menu plan the second she told us about it.

"April doesn't like turkey, and this is her party, so she can decide the menu. I'll make you a turkey this weekend, ya big baby."

Garrett looked over at me with a tender smile. "That's my girl. Always know how to make me happy." He winked. I blushed.

"Anyway, lasagna isn't bad, and it's hard to mess up. Picking an Italian theme was probably the best idea for her." April didn't cook. At all. However, this being their first Christmas as husband and wife, she wanted to make everything.

I had some back up food in a cooler. Just in case. We got to the door and rang the bell. April opened the door and smoke poured out.

"You made it! Hey doll, looking Christmasey tonight. G, scruffy as always" She addressed us while ignoring the obvious party foul floating above our heads.

I gestured to my red sweater, "Thanks, but is everything okay?" I added as my hand swatted the smoke from my eyes.

"Just peachy! Come on in." April, wearing a skin hugging red dress and black tights that looked like they had been shredded, pulled the door open further to let us in.

Garrett put his hand on the small of my back, guiding me through the door. The smoke seemed to have lessened with the door open, allowing us to breath a bit easier. The first thing our eyes fell on was Nico, trying to open the fireplace flue. His eyes shot over to us as we coughed.

"I forgot to open this before lighting the fire. Sorry about that."

"Whatever. I just figured April had burned the lasagna." Garrett shrugged.

"Hey!" She scoffed, turning back towards us as she was returning to the kitchen. "Doll, tell your man to stop assuming things about my cooking." She threw over her shoulder as she continued on her path. "Join me in here and tell me all about your wedding plans. It's been six months since this dork proposed, we need to get the ball rolling."

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked over to Garrett, silently asking him what I should tell her. She wouldn't be happy with the truth, that was for sure. He, however, was no help. Garrett wouldn't mind disappointing April. Those two still had a love-hate relationship, even after all these years.

April peeked back around the kitchen archway, "Well, coming or not? I don't have all night."

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth, but Garrett beat me to it.

"It's too late, April. The deed is done." He shrugged. Nico stood up from his crouched position by the fireplace. April stepped back into the living room from the kitchen. Both had looks of shock written all over their faces. I couldn't blame them one bit. Even I was still a little shocked and it had already been a week.

"What do you mean, brah?" Nico asked.

"Did you call it off?" April added, looking as though she might just pounce on Garrett.

He just looked over at me and smiled. Love filled his gaze, and my heart. He was clearly letting the surprise drag out, but I needed to clarify the situation before I burst.

"No. The opposite. We're already married." I confessed.

"WHAT!" They both said.

"Surprise!" Garrett laughed. He knew this would be their reaction, and it was one of his motivating factors in eloping the way we had.

"It was a spur of the moment thing. We were out on our anniversary date, the day that he had kissed me and I had given him the Mach five painting. Garrett told me he couldn't wait one day longer, and really I couldn't either. So we went to the courthouse and got married." I explained.

"That anniversary? That's a terrible anniversary! That wasn't even a good kiss!" April complained. Nico went over and put his arms around her.

"Babe, it was the first day that G realized there was something more going on. It's a good anniversary now."

"Ugh, I guess so. And don't call me babe. Gross." She crossed her arms. "Well, Merry Christmas, Mister and Misses Hall. Let's get Christmas dinner on the table and we can start planning your vow renewal. There's no way we aren't getting a big party out of this."

"Sounds good to me." I told her as she pulled me into a hug.

"Seriously? I thought I was off the hook!" Garrett said.

"You just got on the hook, until death do you part, bro." Nico laughed.