chapter 22: Forgotten.

The human stopped. They didn't know what happened. They were so close, but they didn't make it...

They pulled  their body up into a sitting position. And they cried. They cried for all of their mistakes, all of their pain they have cooped up.

They almost had it. They were almost back, but they failed. They failed everyone.

Their hands hurt and were burned slightly. The cried so much, that they got dizzy. And fell. They gripped the metaphorical ground and cried even more.

The human was alone, no one could tell them to stop. No one would ever be able to tell them to stop.
/////////////////
(Normal pov)

You cried. For what seemed like ages you just Cried. You wanted to just see them, even if just for a second.

"why.... WHY?!" You yelled as loud as you could, just for nothing.

And it would never be anything. Your hand was fading. You quickly realized that. It was slowly going away. You were being erased. You freaked out.

You frantically looked around for anything. But saw nothing. You were gonna be forgotten. Heh. What a good ending huh?

Just completely gone. Maybe you'd come back as an error. But you doubted that.

Your soul. It was different. A different... Thing. You didn't know what was different... Except it had a much brighter glow.

Maybe you could... Just maybe.
//////////

For hours you tried to open anything. Even a little crack. But nothing at all.

At the moment you would have liked to see anyone at all. Even cross.

"...just... One more try. I'm not giving up."

Still nothing
By this time, you started to loose
Hope.

So you let yourself fade. Maybe this was a good thing?

You looked down. Your hand was almost completely faded. And your body was also fading.

Soon enough you'd be gone. And you had tried everything. But came up empty.

"sans... Im so sorry... I failed." You said quietly. Your voice breaking every once in a while.

You closed your eyes and layed down. Refusing to open them.
////////

(3rd person)

The human bad given up hope. They were sure that they were dieing.

But the human can't die. If only they knew that. They had given up hope.

And accepted their defeat.

But someone, someone wasn't going to loose them.

But what could they do?
They didn't have enough determination...YET.