Friends of the Sea

“Take that!” Aearchith laughed as she sent a large wave of water towards her friends, Angrenith and Calaeril.

Moonlit eyes widened in shock at the sudden action.Before the two elleths could react, the large wave fell over them, soaking their robes and hair in the process. Spitting out extra cold water, an amused grin tugged upon Calaeril’s lips. 

“Oh, it is on!” The elleth laughed as she bent down to collect a handful of water.

As if on cue, Angrenith splashed an enormous amount of cerulean water towards Aearchith, who in turn, let out a scream when the water coated her from head to toe. Such a sight caused heartily laughs to leave the lips of both Calaeril and Angrenith. Soon enough, the trio began to splash about recklessly, soaking their beautiful garments.Of course, they cared not about their robes, for there was too much joy in their hearts to care about such things. Laughter filled the air as the three elleths began to run about the shore, like seagulls running about for food. 

As time passed, the sun began to set and soon enough the three elleths grew tired. Plopping down upon the soft sands, a soft sigh escaped Angrenith’s lips. Calaeril and Aearchith joined their friend on the shore, gathering their breaths and drying their clothing in the process. Soon enough, the silence was broken with a mere comment.

“We are very lucky..” Angrenith smiled as she gazed out towards the glimmering sea.

“How so?” Calaeril inquired as she undid her braid.

“ If you think about it, there are not many people who have the sea to greet them everyday..” Angrenith explained “most wake up to stone walls or mere forests, but for us.. we have the sea..”

“True, but a forest would be a lovely sight to wake up to” Aearchith remarked with a smile “but never a wall of stone..”

“In all honesty, I would never choose homeland over the Falas..” Calaeril smiled 

“Not even the hidden city of Gondolin?” Angrenith asked

“Not even Gondolin..” Calaeril responded softly

“I agree!” Aearchith piped up “too many stone walls for my liking!”

On hearing that, the three friends burst out into a joyful laughter. Indeed the Falas was a fair place and never would the three elleths trade such a beautiful homeland for anything. Little did they know, in but a few years, the Falas shall fall into ruins.