Chapter 3

The years of peace had come to an end, Morgoth's forces had increased within the years and chaos started to spread throughout Middle Earth. Fingon son of Fingolfin, who was the High King of the Noldor, sought aid from the elves of the Falas to fight against Morgoth's forces.  The elves of the Falas agreed, for they despised Morgoth.

The night before the forces of the Falas had to leave for battle, Calaeril had been gazing at the moon and the stars that shined over the clear sea. Suddenly, the elleth heard someone approach her from behind. Looking behind her, Calaeril was relieved that it was only her fair Mother .

"Nana.." The elleth smiled as she got up and hugged her Mother

Calithilien smiled and pulled her beloved daughter into a hug.

"Calaeril... there is something I have say to you.." Calithilien said quietly as she embraced her daughter

"What do you want to talk about, Nana?" Calaeril asked in a concerned voice

"Let us sit down.." The older elleth smiled as she guided her daughter to sit.

When seated on the grass, Calaeril then looked at her mother, waiting for her to talk.

"Calaeril..." The elleth began "I just want to ask you... are you sure you want to do this?"

Calaeril gave her mother a questioning look, for she did not know why her mother would ask such a thing. Then again... she was her mother, so she would obviously be extra careful with these situations.

"Of course I'm sure, Nana" Calaeril smiled "I want to help King Fingon and the others..."

"Are you sure?" Calithilien asked again "because surely there will be other Noldor there.."

Calaeril knew what her Mother meant by 'Other Noldor', she was talking about the Fëanorians. Though, they were mostly known as the Kinslayers.

"Nana..." Calaeril began "it does not matter what type of elf they are nor does it matter what deeds they had committed , for in the end, we have a common enemy.."

Upon hearimg that, the older elleth smiled and embraced her daughter lovingly. Tears formed in her eyes, for she knew that she might not see her again.

"Just... don't be reckless, little one..." She said "I love you..."

"I love you too, Naneth.." Calaeril smiled as she embraced her Mother.