Chapter 11: Hunting Season

--Louis xx Pov—

It has been three weeks since I woke up as a vampire, I’ve been sleeping in Harry’s house because I’m still his mate, I’m really trying my best to keep positive that maybe he’ll remember me, unfortunately he’s now more distant towards me and everything i do he hates it, he gets irritated by it, he even shouted at me once when i made him food.

I feel like a martyr in this relationship, I know for the fact it isn’t his fault but it still hurts, since that day he shouted at me for at least being nice to him, i know that he isn’t Harry anymore, he’s not the Harry who loves me, he isn’t the Harry i love.

But i can’t leave him, he’ll get sick again, Pathetic right? I’m getting abused emotionally, but I’m still holding on to him, because I deep inside I still care for him and that deep inside the Harry who is doesn’t love me is the Harry who does.

My friends are worried about me to say the least, they say i shouldn’t be thinking about this, it might trigger me on having depression, they say it’s bad because I’m a vampire and vampires who have depression or any kind of mental illness is deadly, they’ll go hungry more and what’s worse is they won’t even know that they already ate too many people, that’s how bad depression on vampires is.

But unfortunately i do have depression, I feel numb, I feel empty, I really do not want anything happening right now, I just want to sleep and never wake up ever again. But i always shrug those thoughts off when i suddenly get a headache every time i think about it, maybe that’s what they were trying to say, I really don’t think I can kill many people, but i do think I’m going to have to force myself to kill today because It’s hunting season

Hunting season is where mythical creatures hunt for prey, it’s the only day that it is legal, humans on this day have no defence whatsoever, Harry wanted to train me ... you might think that’s great because he is being nice to me, You’re wrong he said “I’m going to train you so that you won’t get killed, if you get killed, I’ll definitely get sick again”

Shallow reason for a shallow heart, typical Harry, might as well get used to it. “Louis you’ve been in the shower for an hour now ... you better not have killed yourself” Harry said laughing afterwards, I sighed for like the hundredth time, why did Harry turn into one big asshole.

I stood up from the shower floor I’ve been sitting down on for an hour now I didn’t even notice it to be honest. I dried myself up with the towel and dressed for the hunt, black was the required colour for hunting, they say it’s for camouflage, I say it’s stupid because who needs camouflage when you look exactly like a human being anyways?

I open the bathroom door revealing Harry packing his back pack and strapping it on his back, He smirked when he saw me “I thought you were dead” He said chuckling at his own joke I rolled my eyes at him “If i was would you even care?” I ask him i thought he was going to say something else but i thought wrong “Nope” he said walking away

I grabbed my bag and strap it in my back, it only consists of water and a sketchpad and some pencils maybe I’ll get bored, you’ll never know. I walk downstairs and into the backyard, Harry was standing there looking at the moon I coughed interrupting him from his thoughts He smiled and held my wrist.

“Let’s go” He said as we ran into the path, I saw vampires running in different directions Harry and I were the only ones running in this direction, it was going straight into a village full of houses, I never got to see the name of the village because the next thing i know Harry was dragging me on a park.

I feel dizzy the smell was intoxicating “Louis are you okay?” Harry asked, for once i saw him looking concerned “I feel dizzy” I said my voice was slurring, it was raspy and my throat suddenly hurts He smiles “You’re definitely hungry ... too hungry, so probably you won’t get to think before you pounce on anyone, don’t blame me or yourself if that happens Louis, it’s just your first time”