L I K E

For the first time, I realized that I almost forgot what if felt like to be looked at like you were the most beautiful thing in the world;
And to be held, and kissed, and loved in the most innocent ways.

Maybe I forgot what it was like to be a teenager that was in love with the popular boy in school that was in a band and was cool.

But then I remembered that I was with the famous musician who everyone loved and who told me that he loved me.

I haven't said it back.

Loving someone is giving someone your whole being, exposing yourself to that person, handing that person your heart to do whatever they please.

But I took my heart back from Reggie a while ago, and I like my heart.

So I enjoyed his honey-dipped words for the moment as we lay in bed, in his new apartment, as we gazed at the beautiful view of the city.

"I like your face," I said as I traced the outline smiling at every freckle along the way.

   He was working on his computer, typing away as he responded to emails and as I lay on top of him poking his face as his eyebrows creased.

  "I like your face too, baby."

That made me smile so I buried my face in his neck which turned into kisses left on his sensitive skin.

My tongue extended to his skin giving his neck a quick swipe which made him jump and hit my ass

  "Stop Ada,"

I giggled as I tucked my hands underneath him hugging him as he lay in bed;
  Holding him tightly so he wouldn't escape.

"I really like you Reg," I hid my face in his neck embarrassed at my my words like a teenage girl in front of her crush.

  He laughed
   And I smiled.

"I really really like you too sweetheart,"
    He kissed the top of my head and resumed his work as we spent the rest of the morning like this,
    Me frequently asking him
If he thought I was pretty.

     And I love you's (from him) in between.

~~~
ITS GOING TO BE SAD PEEPS : /