A I R

The sound of the clear blue waves crashing against the sandy shores,
    And the sound of seagulls and little children full of life playing in this little paradise filled my ears.

I buried my toes in the hot sand feeling the sun on my dark skin,

    It felt like everything was going to be ok, and this reality was all but a dream.

My eyes closed savoring each drop of the noises, feeling, and touch that graced me at that moment

"Your so beautiful,"
Reggie spoke as he sat beside me on the sand with only swimming shorts on, his pretty hazel eyes boring into my soul.

He had lost a few pounds,
    It was like all of my hospital visits, pain, and exhaustion was affecting him too.

He was trying to carry the burden because he loved me.

I tucked a braid behind my ear turning to the side, squinty eyed, as I leaned back on my palms.

I smiled the biggest smile that I could muster, trying to send all the love that I could to him.

My Reggie.

"Thank you, your beautiful too,"

I repeated the words I told him long ago in his car on that winter night,
    The first time he called me beautiful.

His smile dimmed and his eyes changed to a solemn sad look, his eyes shifting back to the waves.

My hand met his, as I leaned in to kiss

    The side of his

Face,

Trying to make it better the best that I could.

"You are my sun that keeps shining, my stars that keep sparkling, the air that keeps me breathing. I love you so much Reg,"

I knelt down on one knee as I professed my love to the man that I loved, a smile on my face.

"I love you so much, that I am asking you if you would do me the honor of becoming my husband."

I pulled out a simple gold ring from the back pocket of my shorts, holding the dainty jewelry with both hands.

"What do you say, rockstar?"

His smile turned into a laugh, which turned into the both of us laughing,

   A clutching your chest and wheezing from
Laughing laugh.

His honey strands looked lighter in the sunlight, and his eyes too

   As they shined so gleaming my bright that I almost had to cover my eyes from the light.

As we settled down, and the reality set in, my palms got sweaty (not form the heat).

"I never imagined things would turn out like this, but you are the girl of my dreams, the love of my life, my moon and my stars; Adalise you are the oxygen in my lungs. I can't wait for you to become my bride. Yes."

I giggled jumping on him, making him fall backwards on the sand as I attacked him with kisses all over his face.

   Grabbing his left hand, I placed the ring on his ring finger smiling each second along the way.

"It's official, were actually insane."