A L R I G H T

"You can do it baby, just jump."

His warm voice said soothingly in my ear as we stood on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

It was beautiful, like out of this world beautiful.

If anything like that was possible.

The blue were bluer and the smell fresher.

The sounds of the ocean pulled me as i inhaled, biting my lip as my feet nestled on the edge of the rock.

And suddenly my feet stepped off and the air whipped passed me and against my and away from me.

I screamed as I felt the rush of something that rested in the pit of my stomach.

I screamed letting everything go until my body hit the surface of the water slowly sinking down,
As the pain took over deep within my chest.

I inhaled at the steering feeling only to take in the salty water.

Soon seeing nothing but black.

~~~

I blinked once,

Unable to move as my body felt like a skyscraper was on top of me.

And my hand was occupied with a much larger and paler one.

The quiet cried beside me forces my eyes to open as I saw Reggie by my side with his head rested on his fist.

""Reggie?"

His head whipped at the sound of my voice, his eyes frantic and dim.

His free hand wiped his eyes and as he put on a plastic smile.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?"

"It hurts Reggie, it hurts so much."

I my still as cries raked through me as his seemingly innocent question.

I was tired and ready to go.

I couldn't take it any longer.

"Shh shh its alright Ada, it's going to be ok,"

He lied as he stroked my tear stained cheek.

"The surgeon at Scranton, I finally convinced him to take a look at you. I think this is the guy, This might be our shot."

My eyes closed, "we never had a shot, Reg. This is it. Sometimes life isn't fair. I'm not going."

His tears became hysterical and both his hands flew out to touch me as he got on both knees,

Laying his head on my stomach.

"You can't leave me. We didn't have enough time, we didn't have enough time. You don't love me, Ada. Why are you doing this to me?"

I stroked his honey strands as he sobbed into my hospital gown, I was no longer sad.

"I love you so much, Baby. I love you so much, that I spent my last months with you, I love you so much that I got married to you, I love you so much that I gave all of myself to you. If we had kept on looking for doctors, they would have kept saying no, and we would not have gotten married, or laughed and smiled as much as we have. We've given it our best shot, that's all that counts."

"I can't live without you Ada, I'll die."

My heart broke into millions of pieces and I wanted to hold him forever, my Reggie.

"You can and you will. Your going to grieve then move on. You will continue your career and makes tons of money. You will meet someone else, someone who is gentle and kind."

"No, I can't love anyone else, my heart is with you."

I ignored his last statement envisioning me gone, and Reggie older and in love with someone else, "make sure she laughs, life is too short. Make sure that's she's your world, and that your hers too. Make sure she likes waffles and lilies. Make sure she has a good voice, because God know that I don't,"

I laughed which turned into tears of sadness peeking in.

"Make sure you love her and she loves you too Reggie, because you deserve the whole world."

That made me smile, and I looked down at him combing his pretty hair.

"Sing me something, baby."

I was tired, and I knew the pain was almost over.
I knew my life was almost over.

I let out a shaky breath as I felt the loss of his embrace.

He left the room, and I felt truly and utterly shattered.

I just stared, stared at the white wall In front of me until my vision became blurry and my eyes drooped.
~~~
The strum of a guitar awoke me as well as the sight of dozens of candles lit around the room.

My eyes hazily glowed as my gaze fell on the love of my life.

He was like the things you see in the dreams that you never want to wake up from,

All the things that make you want to smile.

"I'm falling in, I'm falling down. I wanna begin but I don't know how
To
Let you know how I'm feeling
I'm high I hope I'm reeling

I won't let you go, now you know, I've been crazy for you all this time, I've kept it close, always hoping
With a heart on fire
A heart on fire...."

In that moment, I was alright.