Chapter Eighteen

"Hey," I said as Shawn took his shirt off. "What's wrong?"

"As if you don't know."

"Is it about JJ and I? There's nothing between us. He's just teaching me about soundboards and how to put together the song after its recorded. We're friends." I told him and he scoffed.

"Do you really expect me to believe that? Honestly Monica." He said and turned around to look at me. "Just teaching you music my ass."

"Look, you won't do it, so I asked him. I always ask on the rare chances I get to be with you in a studio, but you never want to! You're always 'too focused' or pretend not to hear me!" I said and he seemed offended.

"Really? You're getting on me for focusing on what I do for a living? My career? What's the matter with you? It's like you're making me choose between you and my job." He said and I gasped.

"Making you choose? I'm pointing out the obvious. You can't teach me what I want to learn, so I asked someone else to, and now you're mad at me? I don't understand you!" I said and he threw his shirt somewhere since it was balled up in his hands.

"I'm sorry I'm trying to produce new music for my fans, if you didn't know, or forgot, I'm a musician. I have to keep putting out music!" He told me and I nodded.

"I understand that. Why do you think I asked JJ? You're always busy. He and G are on a break, and just so happened to record a song they wrote. He showed me how to use the board. Why are you mad at us?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not mad!"

"You're yelling at me and giving JJ the cold shoulder!" I said and he shook his head, denying it. "Really? You're going to deny it? He told you that you put on a great show, as usual, and you pushed passed him and never responded. Your hurt his feelings."

"Really Monica? You're going to stand here and tell me I hurt his feelings when he's over here getting a little too close to my girl?" He asked and I snorted.

"Your girl? We're not even dating!" I said and crossed my arms. "You told me the day I agreed to this arrangement that you would teach me how to work produce music if I came on tour with you to be your little spoiled brat!"

"And I will, I've just been busy!"

"You've been putting it off!" I shouted and ran a hand through his hair. "If you don't want to teach me then just tell me, I'll search elsewhere. Sorry to waste your fucking time Mr. Bigshot."

"Why do you even want me to teach you? The setup we have now is perfect." He told me, biting his lip as his eyes ran up and down my body. "I buy you what you want, and you give me what I want."

"Are you fucking kidding me? You're kidding me! You can't be serious!" I fumed and he crossed his arms. "You're going to stand there and ask me why I want to start a career of my own instead of just sitting around on your dick as you hand me wads of cash?"

"You ask for things-"

"I ask because I thought we had an agreement! I'd rather sit around and watch movies instead of go to some twenty star hotel and eat overpriced food! I'm fine with shitty take out and some comedy from years ago!" I told him, too damn close to ripping my hair out.

"We do have an agreement! This is it! You give me sex, I give you money-"

"Now you make me sound like some kind a prostitute! Is that all I am to you?" I asked and he ran a hand over his face. "I agreed to this because I thought I'd be around you and all this new tech that you'd teach me how to use! That was the agreement!"