Chapter 9 Part 2

As we walked in, hand in hand, I tried not to freak out. Not only was I holding Matt's hand, who was, an admittedly very attractive man, but I'd be meeting his friends. Who were probably famous. Do you see my problem?

I tried to calm my breathing, but nothing was working, so all I could do was grasp Matt's hand tighter.

The pub was nice, small, but still quite big. Matt stopped at the bar, looking for his friends.

"Ah! There they are. Come say hi," He said, dragging me towards a booth faced away from us.

"Guys!" Matt said enthusiastically,

At once, eveyone from the booth got up. And guess what? I knew most of their faces. Matt forgot to mention that he was friends with Benedict Cumberbatch, i.e one of my favourite actors ever. Thre was a chorus of 'Hi!''s and 'You must be Evie!' and a 'Matt won't shut up about you!' from Benedict Cumberbatch. I didn't feak out. Totally didn't freak out at this. Situations like this is when I need Jess the most. That girl is like a magnet for celebrities. Be it walking down the street, or at a signing, that girl will meet someone famous and be completely cool around them. I can't do that. Plastering a nervous smile on my face I shook hands with all of them. "I'm Billie," A very pretty girl with blonde hair said.

"I'm Evie. Pleasuren to meet you."

And then there was Tom Hiddleston. Let's not get into that. Along with James Cordon, a really nice girl called Jenna, another girl called Karen, who had short, recently shaved hair, and a guy called Arthur, who was here with his girlfriend. The one person that wasn't that famous was a girl called Ellen. She was a writer for Doctor Who. After all the introductions, myself and Matt went to get drinks. "I'll have a beer, please, and she'll have coke." Matt said. Turning to me he asked, "So, how're you finding it?"

"Matt, there are more stars here then there are in heaven!" I hissed.

Chuckling he said, "Sorry, love. But you're doing great. I shouldn't feel threatened by Ben, should I?"

"Ben? Who's- Oh. Oh God, it's not that obvious, is it?"

"Do you really like him?" He asked cheekily.

"Well-No, not exactly. I mean, I like Sherlock. I love Sherlock. It's just....strange."

"You like Sherlock?"

"I- Matt that isn't the point!"

"Okay, okay, sorry. Look, they love you. So we're going to go back there, and you'll be your wonderful self and I'll be my amazing self, and we'll get through it. Deal?"

"Deal."

He carried his drink in one hand as we made our way back to the table.

"Has anyone ever told you how cocky you are?" I asked.

"They never really stop," He smirked.

When we returned to the table, the gang were full of questions.

"So, Evie, what do you do?" Tom asked.

"Myself and my friend run a bookstore in London. But I'm also a writer."

"Oh no way! If you ever need a job, give me a call," The girl-Ellen?- said.

"Thanks. I'll hold you to that," I joked.

"Ellen, are you trying to bribe my fiancè?" Matt said.

"Oh yes! You're engaged! Congrats!"

I laughed lightly. "Thanks."

"Let's see the ring then!" Karen (?) squealed.

I looked to Matt, fear in my eyes. We didn't have a ring yet.