Chapter 21

Matt's P.O.V

I woke up to sunshine creeping in from the blinds and Daisy's warmth from where she lay curled up against me.

"Morning," I yawned, stretching.

"Ugh, babe, I'm trying to get some beauty sleep here!"

"But why? You don't need it," I said, wrapping my arms around her bare waist (amongst other things).

Giggling, she goes to slap my chest playfully, but before she can I catch her hand and press a kiss into her knuckles.

"So...What do you want to do today?" Daisy asked as I brushed a stray eyelash from her cheek.

"Mmm..." I murmered contentedly. "We could stay in bed all day...?" I suggested.

"I like that idea," Daisy smiled, as she pulled me into a lazy kiss. I leaned into it, before cautiously creaking an eye open. I quickly pushed Daisy away and clamored over to the bed stand.

"Shit!" I yelled at the alarm clock in my hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evie's P.O.V

1/2 hour earlier

I paced around the kitchen nervously, checking my phone. Sighing I pressed the call button again. And again, I was met with the familiar voicemail greeting of Matt's phone.

"Hey it's Matt leave a message and I'll get back to you!"

"Matthew Robert Smith I have left you eight messages and you still haven't gotten back to me! Where are you?! The sonogram is literally in less than fifteen minutes!" I sighed, rubbing my eyes. "Listen, please just- Give me a call, okay?"

I looked at the clock again. Chewing my lip, I reluctantly scrolled through my contacts to Michael's number and hit call.

"Hello?"

"Michael, thank God," I said, relived.

"Evie? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah-Well, no. I just...Matt's not picking up his phone and the sonogram is in like, ten minutes and Jess has my car and I can't walk-"

"Woah woah woah. Easy on. Just slow down, okay? It's okay, Evie. Don't panic, alright? I'm here. Just tell me what's wrong and I'll try to help."

"I have a sonogram in fifteen minutes and Matt isn't picking up his calls or answering his texts and I really can't miss this one. I mean, I can't miss any of them, but you know. Would you be able to drop me to the hospital? If you're busy that's fine-"

"No, it's grand. I'll be over there as soon as possible, I promise."

"Thanks a million, Mike."

"No problem."

*************

I was nervously playing with my fingers as I waited for Michael. I heard a knock at the door and went to get it. Opening the door, I saw Michael's large frame standing in the doorway.

"Thank God you're here," I breathed, rushing into his already-open arms.

"Hey," He murmered into my hair. "Right. You can call Matt in the car. Let's go."

"Michael," I said as soon as we were in the car. "Honestly, I can't thank you enough."

"Evie," Michael smiles. "I don't mind a bit. "

"I'm not dragging you from anything, an I?"

"Only a meeting with my manager. Which are spectacularly boring, so thank you."