Chapter 18

Matt's P.O.V

I rolled off Daisy, breathless, sweaty and smiling.

"Like I said, Matty," She panted. "Meant to be together."

I huffed out a laugh. "Yeah, too right. I've missed you, Dais." I said, turning to face her.

Her hands traced my face.

"Missed you too, babe." 

She placed her lips on mine, and I pulled her closer, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"We've got a lot of missed time to make up for, mister," She giggled.

"Well, luckily enough, we've got time to do it," I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evie's P.O.V

I looked down at the fabrics placed infront of of me.

"Well?" Jess asked expectantly.

"Wait...What are these for again?" I asked.

"Evie!" Jess sighed. "The colour scheme! For, y'know, your wedding! We're meeting with Franc and Miranda tomorrow and if we want this wedding to be done on time, then you have to at least know which colour you'd like!"

"Okay, okay...Um...This one. The red," I said, pointing to one at random.

"Really Evie? White and red?" Jess asked sarcastically.

"Ugh, fine, let me text Matt."

Hey, picking out colours for the wedding :(

Any ideas?

(P.S Apparently white and red don't go.)

A few seconds later, Matt replied.

Oh no! You poor sod. I'll be over there in a few seconds to help you fight the evil beast that is- colour schemes! *reverent gasp*

-Matt

I chuckled.

"Matt's coming over to help," I informed Jess, as I went to make tea.

"Okie dokie Loki. Hey, have you heard anything from that guy? Michael?" 

"Um," I stammered. "No, no."

Which was a tiny bit of a lie.  Obviously, I had to text Michael to make sure I had got the right number, and then some harmless banter ensued. I mean, he didn't know about Matt or anything, but it didn't matter. Let's face it, I'd proabably never even see him again. 

I returned to the table with three steaming cups of tea in my hand, and went back to mindlessly looking at the colour swatches laid out before me. A couple of minutes later, the doorbell rang, and I jumped up, relieved to have an excuse to get away from wedding planning. Hell I didn't even want a wedding. Not after what Matt did. 

Swinging the door open, I let Matt in.

"Why do you live so far away?" He exclaimed as he pulled me into a one-arm hug and pecked me on the cheek. Shaking his umbrella off and hanging his coat up, he walked into the kitchen.

"Right then," He said, rubbing his hands together. "What's all this colour-torture I'm hearing about?"

"Oh, hello Matt, fancy seeing you here!" Jess smiled, but I could see a familiar glint of anger in her eye. "I was worried you'd forgotten."