Chapter 11

*EXTREMELY IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END, PLEASE READ.*

"So," Matt began, "Names."

I looked at him over my menu. After the scan, Matt brought me to DiGornio's restaurant just south of Picadilly.

Raising my eyebrows, I asked "Names?"

"Yes," he replied, putting down the menu. "Names."

"Okay, Matt, not to burst your bubble or anything, but I doubt that we'll get anywhere by repeating the word 'names'."

Matt laughed. "Yeah, you're right, I suppose."

Our conversation was put on hold when a waiter came over to take our order.

"The baby's due in what, seven months? Not only do we have to get furniture and clothes, but in two days you and I have to get married, that same day we'll be moving in together! And the next day I have to go on Jonathan Ross and break the news to the world. None of which we're doing willing. I'm meeting your friends tonight and have to convince them that despite the fact I've basically forced you to marry me, I'm actually not that bad of a guy. I just want control of something, anything. The least we can do right now is decide a name for our child."

"But we don't even know if it's a boy or a girl," I reply, taken aback by Matts outburst.

"So? Doesn't stop most parents. The element of surprise and all that," He says, making gestures with his hands.

I laugh at his wild expression while our food gets placed in front of us.

"So, should we pick names for both? Like a list of girls names and a list of boys?" I ask.

"That's what I was thinking, yes."

"Right then. Names. Girls first. Go." I say.

Matt puts down his fork and looks out the window thoughtfully.

"How about Amy? Or Clara? Or Rose?"

I give him a smirk.

"Close but no cigar, buddy. Even though I don't watch Doctor Who, I have to listen to Jess rant on about it. I'm not stupid. They're names of the doctors' partners or whatever you call them."

"Companions," Matt says.

I quirk an eyebrow.

"More names. Not Doctor Who related."

"Fine. Umm... Caroline?"

"No, my mum's name is Carole."

"Okay...," He thinks for a moment, then his eyes light up, like he's had a eureka moment.

"Scout." He says, with a hint of finality to his voice.

"Scout? Like Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird? You actually read that book?"

Matt looks at me with mock outrage. "Yes, I actually read that book, and yes, like Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird."

"But that's a dogs kind of name. We're raising a kid, not a faithful dog."

"Well, we'll give her a proper name like Ella or something and just call her Scout as a kind of a nickname."

I thought this over. "Scout Smith," I mused.

"Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" Matt said excitedly.

"I suppose so," I reply reluctantly. "But I want to chose the full name, then."

"Go for it."

"Well, I like Alice. I like Violet as well."

"What about Diana?"

"Oh Diana's nice. Valerie?"

"Meh," Matt replied. "Audrey?"

"Too old. Robin?"

"Mm... Robin's nice. I like that one."

"Well then, it's Robin for a girl. Now for boys. I like Andrew."

"Andrew's nice. Liam?"

I thought about it, the answered "No. Lucas?"

"Definitely not. Peter?"

"I like Peter."

After throwing multiple names around, we were about to settle on Peter or Andrew, when I had an idea.

"Matthew," I said. "I like the name Matthew."

As quickly as Matts spoon came up it went down again, and his eyes widened.

"M-Matthew," He said quietly. "Matthew's my name."

"Yes it is."

"Are you- Do you want to call the baby after me?"

"Yes," I replied.

"But what if you end up hating me? What if the baby doesn't like me? Then you'll be stuck with the name of me and he'll be stuck with the name of a man he hates."

"Matt, you're the father. Of course the baby will like you."

"No, I don't want to call the baby Matthew. It's not fair on him."

"Why not?"

"Because what if he grows up believing that he has to live up to some name?"

"Well then we'll give him enough sense to know that he doesn't have to!"

Matt leaned back in his chair.

"I don't even like my name," He said, smiling. "I like Peter or Andrew or Simon."

I smiled back at him. "We can figure it out later. We've got time." I say, brushing it off. Matt was under enough pressure as it is, he doesn't need me badgering him about a name.

After splitting the check, Matt dropped me home.

"So I'll see you at the pub at seven to meet your friends?"

"Yep," I answered him. Matt smiled and waved me goodbye as he drove off, and I walked inside, smiling at the idea of a baby with this man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, I know this chapter was short and it certainly wasn't my best writing, so apologies. But I wanted to give you guys some more fluff because soon enough it's going to get serious :)

Anyway, if you guys have any names you like tell me!

Now, I need your help.

So, I would like if you guys could give me some help on how to continue this story. I can:

A) Include Matt meeting the friends, getting married to Evie and moving in.

Or

B) Do a time skip to them getting marrried and moving in, and speed up the pace of the story a little bit.

If you guys have any other ideas about where you see this story going, please, PLEASE tell me! :D

Personally, I'm leaning towards B, but I really need all of you to comment on what you think is best, please :)

As always, don't forget to comment, vote or follow, and your support is amazing :)

-Mia

xx