Chapter 15

As Matt and I weaved our way through tables and chairs I admired the decor. The restaurant was big and grandly decorated, with huge chandeliers illuminating the place.

Tightening my grip around his arm, he sent me a comforting as we continued our endeavour through the grand room. Matt was dressed well and looked extremely dapper (as always), dressed in a white suit with a black tie and shoes.

"You're table, sir," the waitress said, pulling out two chairs.

"Thank you," Matt said, sitting down. Facing him, I smiled.

"Matt... This is honestly incredible. I mean it just... Thank you. This must be the nicest thing anyone's every done for me."

"Evie, my darling, it was my pleasure."

Looking at the menu, I couldn't help but let out a small gasp. "Matt the cheapest thing here is £56! And it's a starter! This is too much, really. I'm perfectly happy with McDonalds-"

"Evie," Matt said gently, cutting me off. "No need to worry, I've called in a favour with the chef, a friend of mine. Tonight's dinner had been crafted especially for you, love."

My jaw dropped. "Oh my God.... Why?"

"I wanted to make tonight special," Matt explained, a smile gracing his face. But he was playing with his hands, and I knew there was more to it. Deciding to let it go, I returned to admiring the interior. "Well, you're certainly doing a good job. This place looks incredible."

"Yes, it does, doesn't it? It's my parents favourite. They got engaged here."

"Really? Oh that's so romantic!" I exclaimed, my hand going to my heart.

Matts eyes glinted, as if he had a secret that he wasn't going to tell. "Yes," he replied, "I'd like to think so."

As soon as the words left Matts mouth, a waiter came over with a bottle of champagne.

"A bottle of our finest champagne, sir," he said to Matt. "Courtesy of Mr.Archibald, of course."

"Thank you," Matt said, as the waiter poured the champagne into our glasses.

"Is it just me or do you know something I don't?" I asked, smirking.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he replied.

"Oh, Matt, I can't drink this. Because, you know..."

"No need to worry, love. I've got a bottle of sparkling apple juice reserved just for you," he said, gesturing to a waiter, who brought over a glass of champagne like substance.

"You have everything planned out tonight, don't you?"

"Anything for you, love," Matt said.

Just then, a plate of the most delicious and expensive looking food was laid before me

"Oh my..." I began, but could hardly get the words out of my mouth.

"They're called stuffed canapès. It's potatoes stuffed with squid, lobster..." Matt trailed off.

"W...wow. This isn't too expensive, is it?"

Laughing, Matt replied "You don't need to worry about that. Your main concern right now should be how many of those you can fit in your mouth."

Popping one into my mouth, I widened my eyes in surprise.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, marvelling at the amazing taste exploding in my mouth.

"So you like it then?" Matt asked, chuckling, putting one in his mouth.

"Well yeah! How could I not?!"