Chapter 16

As we walked in the door, Matt dusted my neck in light kisses. Giggling, I gently pushed him away.

"Oh no, Mister. You're half drunk. You're going straight to bed, then up early in the morning. I have to book a wedding planner, remember?"

"'S already booked," Matt mumbled, wrapped me up in another heart stopping kiss.

"Well, even so," I smirked, pushing him away once more, "I have to go home and tell Jess. We're going shopping. And you have to tell your parents. And your friends. So come on."

As Matt begrudgingly trudges up the stairs behind me, he suddenly stops, as if he's had a brain wave.

"Come with me!" He exclaims, a little loudly, but he's so filled up on champagne I'm not surprised.

"Come with you to what?"

"To meet my parents! Mum'll love you. She's been dying to meet you, won't sut up about it. Come on, Evie. It'll be fun!"

I laughed. "Are you insane?" I stopped when I saw the look on his face. "Oh God. You're not serious, are you?"

"Of course I am! I'm not as drunk as you think I am, you know."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really."

"How many fingers am I holding up?" I ask, holding up no fingers.

"Easy. Four," He replies, brimming with self-confidence.

"Oh yeah, you're right Matt, you're completely and utterly sober," I say sarcasticly, rolling my eyes, and dragging him up the stairs to his bedroom.

"No no no," He protests, shaking off my arm and turning around. "I want to sleep with you!"

Now it's my turn to protest. "Oh no," I remark. "Don't think for a second that I will sleep with you again."

"Not like that," He whines. "I just want to sleep beside you."

He pulls a puppy face and drops to his knees. "Evie, if you will you do me the honour of sleeping beside me, I do solomly swear not to get my pecker wet-"

"Okay, okay, okay," I cut him off. "Fine."

Slipping out of my high heels, I shrugged off my dress and put on one of Matt's shirts that was lying on the floor.

Fiddling with the ring on my finger, I lay down beside Matt. I looked at his sleeping figure. He looked younger, more innocent.

I held up my hand, and admired the ring as it caught the light.

"Beautiful," Matt muttered. "Like you."

I turned to face him. "Thank you, Matt."

"You're welcome, Evie," He grinned. He let out a tremendous yawn, and closed his eyes once again. I watched as sleep took him, I closed my eyes and waited for the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning

Matt's P.O.V

I blinked groggily, and opened my eyes. Rubbing my eyes, I let out a groan as my head pounded. I couldn't remember a single thing about last night.

Did Evie say yes to my proposal? I rummaged through my brain, trying to recollect the events of last night.

Then I realised something. There was an unusal warmth in my bed. Turning my head, I say Evie's mop of curly blonde hair cover the pillow.

She begins to stir, and rolls over to face me. "Hi," She smiles.

"Hey," I reply.

Chuckling, I sit up in the bed. "I can't remember a thing about last night." Picking up her left hand, I see the ring I had for her securly on her finger.

I open my mouth to speak, but stop when I see the look on Evie's face. She looks pained, as if someone's hurt her.

"What is it, darling?Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," She says, yanking her hand from my grip. "And don't call me darling."

Getting out of bed, she throws on her dress and heels and practically runs downstairs.

Following her down the stairs, I fumble with my belt buckle.

"Evie, seriously, what is it? Is it the baby?" I asked, slightly panicked.

"It's nothing! I just-I have to go. We're meeting with the wedding planner tomorrow, three o'clock. Don't be late."

"I won't. Are you sure everything's okay? You can tell me anything- You know that?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know that... Bye Matt."

"At least let me drop you home!" I call after her.

"No it's fine, Dan's picking me up."

Knowing that I wasn't going to win, I opened the front door for her. Before she left, I grabbed her wrist gently.
"Evie- I'm more than thrilled that you said yes. I mean- I don't remember what I said, but I know that I'm just estatic."

She gave me a small smile.

"Me too," She said. Releasing her wrist from my grip, she walked outside and got into the car waiting for her.

I closed the door. Something wasn't right. What had I possibly done that had made her so uneasy? Maybe it was the pregnancy hormones.

I was brought out of my daze by my phone ringing.

Picking it up, I said "Hello?"

"Hello, Matt," The voice at the other end said cooly. A voice I recognised.

"Daisy," I said stiffly. "What do you want?"

"You."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I know.

Not very fluffy. And late.

Go ahead, strangle me with your bare hands out of frustration. I probably deserve it.

But! Let me explain. I've known where I wanted this story to go from the beginning, and trust me, it'll be worth it in the end.

In regards to the lateness- I really just haven't had time. Also I have two separate stories to deal with. Not only that, but now I have exams in about six weeks, so updates WILL be slow for the couple of weeks.

I'm so sorry guys, I really am. But, I haven't lost interest in the story, nor am I neglecting it, I just don't have a lot of time.

Anyway, please feel free to rant in the comments section and break the vote button or maybe check out my new story 'Plastic Love'?

Cheers,
Mia
Xx