Chapter 1: Frogs

Harper came down the steps to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Just when she entered Grace rolled her eyes at her. Harper was in ripped skinny blue jeans, black combat boots, a flannel with a with t-shirt underneath and wore a beanie on her with her ginger hair braided on her side. 

Harper gave her a glare "This is called style, not that you'd know, you pink poodle" 

Grace was about to say something when Blaine stopped her "Not first thing in the morning" 

"She probably didn't have a good comeback anyways" 

"Harper" said Blaine.

"A ray of sunshine like always" said Ben sarcastically.

"I'm leaving. I not going to sit in a room with this rat" said Grace 

Blaine gave Grace a look. 

"Bye you won't be missed" 

Grace left in disgust

"Harper. Can you just try to get along?"

"Yes but I don't want too"

Ben chuckled.

"Don't encourage her" said Blaine

"What are we going to get sent to the principles office today for?" asked Ben to Harper.

"I'm done" said Blaine leaving. 

Blaine was the one who was always trying to keep the family together and Harper and Grace from ripping each other's throats out. While Ben was the more relaxed one who just went with it. Their dad wasn't around much.

"Well there are some frogs in the science labs that need to be released" said Harper. 

Ben chuckled. Little did he know she was being serious. 

"Well let's go we are going to be late" he guided her off the stole. 

They headed off to school. Harper never wanted to drive with her brothers most days, unless it was bad weather. She would always get on her long board to get to school. Grace now drove with her friend, Kate who just got her license. She wasn't allowed but her father wasn't around to enforce the rule and Blaine and Ben gave up. 

Harper was riding down her long board in the hallway up to Spencer's locker. When her teacher Mr. Henricks walked by. 

"Harper Daniels" he said as Harper came to stop at Spencer's locker, "Do I need to take that skateboard away again today?"

"It's a longboard" 

Spencer rolled his eyes at her.

Mr. Henricks gave her a look "I don't care what it is. No riding it in the hallways"