Chapter 6

Ben and Blaine walked into the house. "Harper!" yelled Blaine. They ran around the house yelling for her. Eventually they found her in their father's room. Things were thrown about and she was laying on the bed crying.

"Harper! What the hell were you think?!?" yelled Blaine.

"Blaine!" yelled Ben.

"No Ben! This is the last straw! We can't keep doing this, especially dad!" 

Harper finally jumped up "When are you gonna get it!?!? I don't care about dad!! It doesn't matter what I do. He hates me and will always hate me!"

Ben sighed and went over to her. Blaine was standing there very angry still. Ben held her hands "Why do you think that?" 

Harper pulled away "Its my fault!" she yelled tears still streaming down her face. 

"What is your fault?" asked Ben. He was the only one not yelling. 

"Harper. You need to stop yelling!" yelled Blaine.

Ben turned around and yelled at Blaine "You shut up for 2 seconds!"

Blaine was about to say something but fell silent. 

"What is your fault?" asked Ben again.

Harper was quiet. Ben pleaded with her to tell him.

"Mom leaving!" she yelled.

"What?" asked Ben, "We don't know why mom left. Maybe it was the accident. We don't know. But it is not your fault" he grabbed her hands again and held them in his.

"You guys don't but I do!"

"Harper what are you talking about?" asked Blaine a little calmer now.

"Dad cheated on mom!" yelled Harper.

They were both silent.

"Dad was cheating on mom for 2 years. A week after Uncle John and Aunt Becky's funeral I caught dad at his office cheating on mom with some other woman" Harper was controllably crying now. "Dad was working late so we went to take him dinner. I ran it up to his office and found him there with her. Mom knew something was wrong immediately. I told her. You both were at football camp and Grace was on vacation with her friends. Mom freaked out and then she just left and never came back. I couldn't tell you guys. I just couldn't  do it" Ben pulled Harper into a hug. She cried and cried as he held her tightly. 

Blaine now had tears in his eyes. He couldn't believe this was true. All this time his sister was suffering and he didn't even know. He was even more mad that his father knew and didn't do anything. Eventually Ben scooped up Harper and carried her to her room. He laid her down on the bed and pulled a blanket over her. He then grabbed Blaine by the shirt and took him downstairs. 

"Call the school and ask for Mrs. Jackson. Tell her small details but we can't come back" said Ben.

"Ben all this time. We didn't know. All this time I just yelled at her."

"I know" was all Ben said. 

"Where are you going?" asked Blaine as Ben grabbed his jacket. I'm going to get dad.

"I'm coming" 

"No someone has to stay here with Harper"

Ben walked out the door. Blaine picked up the phone to call the school.