protective | ben simmons

protective

dedicated to: A_Babbie
non-explicit ☻

"I'm still proud of you, baby," Alyssa spoke softly while wrapping her arms around Ben. The 76ers had just finished their game against the Cavaliers, only to be defeated by one point. Ben had just finished his press conference, and the look of disappointment he wore on his face made Alyssa queasy inside. Out of the five months Ben and Alyssa had been dating, she had never seen him so upset; all she wanted to do was take the pain away.

"I could have done better, Alyssa. I fucked up out there— my coach knows it, my team knows it, the fans know it," Ben sighed with a shake of his head as he unlocked the doors to his Mercedes Benz, opening the backseat door and throwing his gym bag inside, closing the door afterward. "You can't beat yourself up about it, though, Ben. It isn't good; you made some mistakes, and you learned from them. Just come back on the court and showcase your improvement next game," Alyssa nodded, rubbing his back softly.

Ben smiled down at Alyssa and gave her lips a quick peck, causing Alyssa to smile back at him. Alyssa always knew what to say when it came to comforting Ben in times like this. This season hasn't been the best for his team, but having his girl by his side made things a little more tolerable.

"Hey Ben," a feminine voice rang out.

Alyssa and Ben both turned around to see a woman who looked to be around Alyssa's age, twenty one. While Alyssa's eyebrows furrowed, Ben's heart stopped.

"What are you doing here, Asia?" Ben groaned, stuffing his hands into his pants pockets. "I watched the game tonight and just wanted to tell you that—"

"Excuse me, who is this?" Alyssa interrupted. Alyssa wasn't a big fan of random people, especially women, walking up to her man casually. She found it disrespectful to say the least; everyone knew about Alyssa's feelings, so why was this woman an exception?

"I'm Asia, his ex," Asia stated, glancing towards Alyssa. "You're an ex for a reason then. You don't need to speak to my man, period," Alyssa shrugged, holding onto Ben's hand.

Asia furrowed her eyebrows slightly; she didn't appreciate Alyssa's attitude, and she would be damned if she let someone talk to her like they didn't have any sense, especially in front of the man she still loved. "You can check your attitude because I definitely wasn't speaking to you; Ben is the only relevant one here, so you can dismiss yourself," she scoffed, turning her attention back to Ben, "anyway.."

"Bitch," Alyssa growled, letting go of Ben's hand, starting to charge at Asia. "Hey, hey! Calm down," Ben stated sternly, pulling Alyssa back beside him, "Asia, I don't know what you're doing here, but it's best if you leave. I don't tolerate anyone disrespecting my girl; that's like disrespecting me."

"Did you forget that I was your one and only at a point in time? You can't tell me you don't think about me, or the memories we created together. I miss you, Ben," Asia frowned, completely ignoring Alyssa's death glare directed towards her.

"Nah, he don't remember shit, youngin', especially 'cause he wit' me now, so cut it!" Alyssa shouted, allowing her Louisiana accent to be presented.

"Bitch, do you need a head up?" Asia asked, directing her attention towards her. Without another word, Alyssa swung, her fist connecting to Asia's nose. Once the sound of bones cracking echoed throughout the parking lot, Asia let out a squeal, holding onto her nose as she let the blood drip in between her fingers.

Ben's eyes widened at the sight in front of him, immediately pulling Alyssa away from Asia and looking at Alyssa with a disgusted expression written all over his face, "Why would you do that!? I told you to cool it!"

Alyssa quickly looked down as Ben walked over to Asia, tilting her head up to stop the blood from coming out of her nose. Dialing 911, Ben requested for an ambulance to take Asia to the hospital; all Alyssa could do was watch her boyfriend tend to his ex's aid, and that kilt her.

*

As Ben signed a check to pay for Asia's medical attention, Alyssa stayed seated in the waiting room. She knows Ben was disappointed in her reaction, but Asia was asking for it. Disrespecting her in front of her own boyfriend was ridiculous, and she just couldn't hold in her anger.

After Ben finished signing out and handing the check to the receptionist, he walked over to Alyssa and sighed, "I'm ready."

"Baby, I'm sorry, okay? I just couldn't control myself.. You know how I am about you. She disrespected, not only me, but our relationship, Ben; I just couldn't let that slide," Alyssa sighed. Ben cupped Alyssa's cheeks into the palms of his hands and pressed his lips against hers, pulling away slowly.

"You should never let someone get that kind of reaction out of you, especially one of my ex's. You top all of them, and you're the only girl that I want, Lyssa. I love you, and only you," Ben explained, "You have nothing to worry about."

With a smile on her face, Alyssa nodded in understanding.

"Let's go home," Ben smiled, taking Alyssa's hand into his and walking out of the hospital alongside her.

i hope you liked it, Alyssa! ☻
vote and comment
next update: january 16, 2017