forever | devin booker

forever

dedicated to: -theinnergalaxy
explicit

"Baby, can you just tell me what's going on?" Sarabi sighed as she kept her hands out in front of her while Devin, her boyfriend of three years, guided her around his large house. Letting out a laugh, Devin shook his head as he made Sarabi stop in her tracks, "No, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. It's called a scavenger hunt for a reason."

"But do I really have to be blindfolded?" Sarabi sighed, touching the blindfold that covered her eyes. "Yes, you do. It makes it more enjoyable for me," Devin stated, rubbing Sarabi's shoulders. "And it's gonna take me hours to figure out where I'm going. Just let me find the clues without this thing over my eyes," Sarabi whined, pouting softly.

Devin rolled his eyes slowly. He should've known Sarabi wouldn't go for it; it was always her way or no way. Devin and Sarabi were complete opposites; Devin was really into doing things out of the ordinary while Sarabi liked to stay in her comfort zone. "Fine, Sarabi, take it off," Devin huffed in defeat. "Thank you!" Sarabi smiled, untying the blindfold from her eyes and letting her eyes adjust to the bright light illuminating the living room.

"Alright, go ahead and look for the clues," Devin smiled, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "Once you get to the final one, you'll solve the mystery." Sarabi nodded in understanding as Devin jogged upstairs, walking down his large hallway into his bedroom. Sarabi took a deep breath and exhaled, slowly looking around the living room for some sort of clue.

As she took small steps towards the coffee table that was positioned near the couch, Sarabi felt her bare feet come in contact with a paper that was laying on the ground. Furrowing her eyebrows, she removed her foot off the paper and bent down, picking it up off the marble floor.

When you came into my life, I never wanted you to leave. You made me a better man— shared the amazing things in life with me and kept me sane.

Sarabi smiled at the words written on the small piece of paper, turning it around to see a picture of her and Devin when they were in their first few months of their relationship. Keeping the card in her hand, she continued to walk around the living room to look for some clues, only to find none.

As she made her way to the kitchen, she glanced towards the fridge to see, yet, another note taped against it. Walking over to the fridge, she took the paper off the fridge, and began to read it.

I remember our first date. I took you to the drive-in movie theatre because you told me it was on your bucket list; I decided to take you to go see a scary movie, and boy, were you mad at me. Little did you know that I only picked that movie because I wanted you to cuddle up to me and bury your face in my chest. I can't believe you didn't notice that; it was romantic if you ask me.

Sarabi rolled her eyes slowly and let out a soft giggle at the memory. She turned the card around again to see a selfie Devin secretly took of her in the passenger seat of his car during the date. "I look terrible," she thought to herself, slowly smiling at the picture.

Putting the note in the same hand the other note was in, she walked out of the kitchen after insuring that there were no more clues in the kitchen. Walking up the stairs, she walked down the hallway into Devin's room, noticing that he was nowhere to be found.