newlyweds | dejounte murray

newlyweds

dedicated to: Kaylaj1993
explicit

"I can't believe we're finally married, baby," Kayla  vocalized happily to her husband, Dejounte, causing him to smile as he looked down at the glass of wine that occupied his right hand. "I'm not surprised at all baby girl," Dejounte spoke as he sipped his white wine, placing the glass on the table that sat in between him and his wife.

Dejounte and Kayla's honeymoon was located in Costa Rica, Kayla's dream vacation destination. Dejounte had occupied the most romantic spot on the coastline of the Caribbean, and saying Kayla was, both, surprised and ecstatic would be an understatement.

Kayla and Dejounte were currently sitting on the balcony of the two story, excluded beach house Dejounte had owned on the Caribbean. The sun had just set, and looking at the beautiful pink and yellow colored sky eased both of the newlyweds minds, for the hassle of wedding planning was over, and the beautiful reception was successful.

"I just want to thank you for everything you've done for me, baby. I appreciate all of this; I couldn't have asked for a better husband or best friend," Kayla expressed, moving her hand to lay on top of Dejounte's left, rubbing the back of it slowly. "I'd do anything for my queen; you've put up with my shenanigans and kept me the happiest I've ever been in a while. Although there's no way I could repay you for everything you've done for me, I thought this would be close to it," Dejounte nodded, intertwining his fingers with Kayla's.

Dejounte couldn't help but smile; he finally found someone who loved him for him— not his looks or the hard earned money that laid away in his bank account– but truly for him. Kayla satisfied him in every way possible, and he knew he'd be a fool not to wife her as soon as he possibly could. If he didn't, somebody would, and he'd be damned if someone dared to take what belonged to him.

"Well, I actually have a gift for you, sir," Kayla smirked, untangling her fingers from Dejounte's, causing him to form a confused frown upon his face. "A surprise? What kind of surprise?" he asked, a little worried because of his wife's facial expression.

"Just come into the room in five minutes to retrieve it," Kayla winked, standing up from her chair and walking back inside of the beach house, jogging upstairs delicately as Dejounte watched. Looking back in front of him, Dejounte furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity as he continued to look into the sunset.

His wife had never been this sneaky before, especially over a small little surprise. She actually knew that Dejounte hated surprises; it caused him anxiety, and he didn't like the feeling it gave him. But figuring that the surprise Kayla had in store for him came from her heart, alongside not wanting to disappoint her by informing her that he didn't want the surprise, he decided to hide his true emotions and go along with Kayla's plan.

Five minutes had passed once the sun completely set, leaving the sky dark so only the stars and moon were visible. As Dejounte got up from his chair, he walked inside the beach house to see rose pedals scattered on the floor, leading up the stairs.

"What in the," Dejounte whispered to himself, raising an eyebrow as his pupils followed where the rose pedals lead. Slowly following the path of the pedals, Dejounte heard soft music being played upstairs.

"This girl is insane," Dejounte chuckled, creating a faster pace for his legs to walk in. As the rose pedals ended at the foot of the door of the bedroom him and Kayla would share for the rest of their honeymoon, Dejounte looked up to see a note taped to the door. Taking the note into his hands, he scanned the letters with his eyes, instantly smiling at the words written on the card.