beauty is in the eye of the beholder | jordan clarkson

dedicated to: lindsey102105
non-explicit

Lindsey looked through the cabinet full of goodies that was located in the kitchen Jordan and her shared. While her eyes scanned the packages of Oreo cookies and Ghirardelli chocolates, she listened to her stomach cry out in starvation. Lindsey put her hand to her stomach and rubbed it, sighing as she closed the kitchen cabinet altogether and made her way to her downstairs bathroom.

Closing and locking the door behind her after she entered the bathroom, she looked down at the scale that was set in front of her and slowly put both of her feet onto it. Lindsey awaited the results, praying to God that she lost some weight due to this new method of 'dieting' she's been trying out. Lindsey had been starving herself for four days straight in hopes to shrink down to her desired weight; although she has met with different weight loss specialists, nothing seemed to be working affectively for her. After reading a couple articles online, she found that one way women lost weight was not eating for some period of time.

Lindsey knew this strategy wasn't healthy for her, for the article itself was not supporting this way of life, but she didn't care. She was tired of feeling disgusting in her own skin; constantly comparing herself to the girls Jordan would be around, as well as the Instagram posts he presents with beautiful women featured in the photos really took a toll on her self-esteem. She had always felt ashamed of her body weight, but being with someone like Jordan made her insecurities even worse. A million gorgeous women wanted her man, and to be quite frank, she never understood why he chose her.

She wanted to look her best for him, as well as herself, so she wouldn't have to feel these emotions any longer. She wanted to look at herself as one of the beautiful girls Jordan was around daily— his beautiful girl; the only way to accomplish this goal is to lose the extra pounds she had at any cost.

Lindsey's head looked downward at the sound of her scale beeping, indicating that her final wright had been calculated— 147 lbs. "That's not good enough," she mumbled to herself, getting off the scale and exiting out the bathroom with disappointment in her eyes. Before she could even look up, a pair of Nike sandals came into her visual as she looked down at the brown carpet that covered the floor of her and Jordan's family room. "What's up, princess? Why the long face?"

The sound of Jordan's voice still gave her butterflies; sweet and concerning— just how she loved it. Lindsey slowly looked up at her boyfriend of three years, "I'm fine, baby," she said with a smile, "I promise." Jordan examined the love of his life slowly; something wasn't right. He could see right through all of her antics, and she knew it; for her to act as though she didn't made Jordan even more suspicious.

Before opening his mouth to speak, Jordan was interrupted by Lindsey's stomach growling once more, causing Jordan to furrow his eyebrows. He had never heard someone's stomach growl like that, and with that clue alone, he knew what was going on. "When was the last time you ate?"

Lindsey kept her mouth shut as she looked away from him, only for Jordan to take her chin into his grasp and make her look at him again abruptly. "Answer my question, Lindsey," Jordan said sternly. "F-four days ago," she whispered, causing Jordan's eyes to fill with rage. "Four damn days ago?! Are you kidding me? Why the hell are you starving yourself?"

"I-I'm tired of being the fat pig out of the bunch.. You're always around these beautiful women, and I think that one day you're gonna leave me for them," Lindsey stated on the verge of tears. Jordan's eyes softened a little at her announcement, shaking his head softly and pulling her into a tight hug. As he let her cry into his workout shirt, he ran his fingers through her hair soothingly. "Baby, I would never leave you. You're too amazing for me to even think about trying to replace you with someone else. I love you for you; being thick is nothing to be ashamed about," Jordan whispered into her ear, kissing the top of her head softly. "You promise?" Lindsey asked, looking up at Jordan who was now looking down into her eyes.

"I promise, baby girl."

*

FIFTEEN YEARS LATER...

"Baby, is dinner almost ready? I'm starving," Jordan poured, rubbing his stomach as Lindsey giggled at his goofiness, turning off the stove in the kitchen. "Yes, baby, it's almost ready."

Years had passed and Jordan and Lindsey were now married with a fifteen year old daughter named Desire. Lindsey had finally gotten some counseling for her weight obsession, and has transitioned into a completely different person. Jordan couldn't be happier to see his family in such a positive state, and he promised himself that he'd keep it that way for years to come.

"Baby, can you let Desire know that the food is ready?" Lindsey asked. Jordan nodded and got out of his seat, "Sure thing." Jordan made his way up the stairs and towards his daughter's bedroom; as he stepped in front of it, he noticed the door was closed. It was a rule in his house to not have the doors closed because it was like an open door for secrets in the household; something must have been going on for his daughter to do something like this, for she knew how important the rule was to her father.

Jordan stepped a bit closer to the door to hear sobbing on the other side, causing his heart to break. He put his hand on the doorknob and twisted it slightly, opening the door and stepping in to see his daughter crying on her bed. He frowned as he closed the door behind him and walked over to her, sitting beside her, "Baby girl.."

"What?" Desire sniffled. "What's goin' on? Why is daddy's princess crying?" Jordan spoke softly. "Derik broke up with me, daddy.. He said I was too 'fat for his liking'." "Excuse me?"

"You heard what I said," Desire sighed, wiping her tears and sitting up, looking at her dad, "Why aren't I skinny like the rest of the girls in school? Why can't I be pretty?"

Jordan's heart broke to hear his daughter speak like this, "You are beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, baby girl, and Derik's fuckboy ass wasn't the beholder." Desire slightly giggled at her dad's use of vocabulary. "Why don't I take you out for ice cream after dinner so we can talk more about this? You, me, and mama?" he asked with a raise of an eyebrow. "I'd like that," Desire nodded.

"Great," Jordan added as he rose from his daughter's bed, "Now lets go eat. Your mom is waiting for us downstairs." Desire smiled and got off of her bed as well, walking towards the door, opening it and walking out of her bedroom with Jordan following behind her.

i hope you liked it, lindsey.
vote and comment
next update: april 14, 2017