~Tears And Smile~

Light shined in my face. Slipping my feet to to side of my bed, my groggy eyes not wanting to open even as i tried. I walk downstairs expecting Hau to be there. I mean even though it was Saturday, so maybe he just woke up early on Friday because of how he was used to waking up for classes. I saw dad making coffee and breakfast. "Why don't you go get Hau breakfast will be ready and your grandparents are coming over as well." He said with a tired smile.

So as i wobbled back up the stairs and knocked on Hau's door i heard a faint cry. I opened the door to see Hau hunched over with his face to a pillow crying. I rushed over trying not to slip on the wood floor due to my socks. I sat down next to him patting his shoulder. He looked up his eyes puffy, his face trying to stop the tears. He didn't want me to see him cry. I spoke soft. "What happened? Something happen back home?" He nodded this making me worry. "Grampa....Grampa Hala passed away." The words slipped of his lips barely at a whisper. My eyes teared, making my vision blurry. I wipe them away seeing Hau's face. "It's okay to cry Hau." I spoke at a whisper. With that Hau collapsed into my arms. His face in my chest. My face tinted pink, i payed it no mind as i pet his head.

I continued to confort him for a few more minutes until my father looked in the room. I shook my head, he backed away slowly and went back downstairs. "Hau, i'll be right back. Why dont you let you pokemon out." I walked off. When i came back he was leaning against Primarina and holding Flareon. Dammit he was so sad and so adorable at the same time.

As sat down on the bed i texted my father telling him what was wrong. "Hey dad, sorry about that Hau's grandfather passed." I quickly wrote. "It's okay i'll bring breakfast up to you, take care of him sweetie.~love grandma!" I smiled at my grandmother's loving attitude. She really cared about Hau.

Hau had passed out. He had gotten the news last night and had been crying since three in the morning. I feel like a bad friend, i just don't understand why he didn't come and get me. My grandma walked into the room. Placing the food on Hau's bed side table. The plate yelling at the wood making a clinking noise. Hau jolted awake to the small noise. My grandmother patted his head making him lean back onto my shoulder. He put his hands on his head. I looked down concerned, his face contorted into one that was feeling pain. "Hau?" I started. "I'm fine...It's just a headache." He continued to hold his head, as this happened my grandmother slipped advil out of thin air and put it in his hand. Then she left. I blinked a few times as Hau reached over for water. He took the advil. "Sorry for worrying you." He nodded off again his head on my chest. I layed down and pet his head, it would rise and fall when i breathed. Making me feel calm. Everything was peace and quiet. Pokémon around us sleeping on the floor. Except for our Lycanrocs, both of them cuddling next to each other on the bed. As i scanned the room i stopped on Decidueye and Primarena. Primarena head lying on Decidueye's lap. They where both asleep. So cute!

I woke up to Hau gently nudging me. He rubbed his eyes. "What...what time is it?" He patted around tying to find me in the dark room. I put my hand on his face. "I'm right here." I smiled. I leaned over him to grab my phone, but dame my short arms i couldn't reach. Hau looked at my phone. "Ten thirty-nine at night." He spoke lightly. "Its so late." I groaned.

Without warning Hau jumped on top of me and stared to tickle me. I laughed way to loud. He covered my mouth, making muffled laughter. He then stopped. My mouth still covered, he was straddled on top of me. My face was on fire. He leaned down and kissed my nose. He then rolled off and went back to his side of the bed. Leaving me with one thought in my mind.

What was that?