Chapter 1 | Breathe

Ok darlings. I took a break from this book a long time ago, and have now come back and I'm frequently posting updates again. Better updates. This is my first FanFiction that I've written. Please be nice.
_____________________________

Just breathe Hermione. Just breathe. He's just the ferret. But no matter how much I pep talked myself, I was still full of anxiety for what's to come in about an hour.

Ever since Kingsley has took over being the Minister of Magic at the Ministry, he strives to keep peace within the magical world after the war against Voldemort ended. Insuring that no company or person tries to overthrow the ministry ever again. My job as well as my partner, aka my best friend Ginny Weasley; is to investigate and I sure that dark magic isn't being used to potentially overthrow the Ministry.

I love my job, but today when Kingsley called me into his office his request has suddenly made me hate it.
' "Miss Granger I have a job for you. There is a company that I am concerned about. It was recently developed and is however already very successful." He informs me as I take a seat I front of his desk.
"I do not understand sir, is that a bad thing?" I ask confused.
"It could be. I've been informed by one of our spies that Malfoy Enterprises may or may not be using dark magic. There isn't much information about this company or its CEO. The only thing I know about it is that at Malfoy Enterprises they create powerful magical objects."
"And how do I come into play with this sir?" I ask.
"I want you to interview Mr. Malfoy. I want to know more about him, his company and his intentions. I want to know where his loyalties lie." Fuckkk.
"Yes sir. When shall I go?" I ask, trying not to sound annoyed.
"Today. I've gotten you an appointment with him at 10 this morning." '

I never thought I'd see him again. Quite frankly I didn't want to ever see the boy who teased me in school ever again. I tried not to let his hurtful words get to me but unfortunately they did. And unfortunately if I sit and think about it I can still hear his voice as he calls me, Filthy little mudblood.

But that's not what really haunts me. Words I can block out but the word Mudblood engraved into my arm I can not. That night haunts my dreams. The pain of the sharp blade of the cursed knife cutting threw my soft skin, will never be forgotten. And neither will the horrific pain from being crucioed over and over by a screaming, angered Bellatrix.

However I do remember Draco being in the room with me while she tortured me. And I couldn't help but see the pain in his eyes and sorrow on his face as he watched his crazed aunt torture me. I wanted him so bad to help me, and it looked like he wanted to. Although I could tell he was to scared to do so.

"Maybe he's changed" it's as if Ginny read my mind as she comes into my office, closes the door and sits down.

"Maybe. . ." I admit, running my hand threw my hair while leaning back in my chair. "I never thought I'd see him again Ginny."

"Never? Come on Hermione you know he'd end up being a successful man. Even if he is a damn ferret." I chuckle at her comment, not able to control myself. "And maybe he's gotten hotter" she smirks at me.

"For the worlds sake I sure as hell hope not. His ego don't need the extra boost. I'm sure that part has not changed." I say with a cheeky grin.

"Just please tell me every detail when you get home. I would pay to see this reunion go down. And to get a good look at him again. I mean come on he was SOOO fucking hot back in school. I mean bloody hell if I got the chance I'd have-"

"Ginny Weasley! Keep your hormones in check women! You have a boyfriend for Merlins sake!" I blatantly remind her.

"I know, and I love Harry. But I'm not gonna lie Malfoy's-"

"Enough Ginny. I have to go anyways, I don't wanna be late for this dreadful interview." I interrupt her before she can continue. I stand up and check my hair in the mirror on my wall, straiten out my black pencil skirt that ends just above my knees as well as my black and white pinstriped button up shirt.

"Wait! One final touch." Ginny ushers over to me and turns me around facing her. I'm shocked as she starts unbuttoning two more button on my shirt. "There. That way your showing a little bit of cleavage for him."

"I'm not showing him anything Ginny." I say as I start to button them back up.

"Stop it!" She yells at me and smacks my hands away.

"Fine." She smirks at me in triumph as I gather my things, ready for this unfortunate interview with the ferret.

"Good luck!" She beams back at me. The last thing I see is her grin as I apparate to Malfoy Enterprises.

The first thing I see when I land is a tall, massive glass building with Malfoy Enterprises in large bold letter above the doors in front of me. Pulling my attention away from the impressive structure of the building I make my way inside. To the left I find a receptionist on the phone and behind a rather large dest.

"Excuse me in suppose to have a meeting with Mr. Malfoy at 10-" before I could finish my sentence she's pointing to the elevators "twenty first floor" Rude. However with a thank you I make my way to the elevator and push the button that reads 21. Relax Hermione, you've got this.

With the ding of the elevator door opening I'm greeted with a room looking almost like a replica of down stairs. White walls, black marble flooring, furnished with black leather coaches for a waiting area.

"Well look what the cat drug in." A very familiar voice dragging me from my thoughts. I turn to see that the receptionist is non other than Pansy pug-face Parkinson.

"Hello Parkinson. Long time no see. I'm not at all surprised your working here." I retort back. I've not missed her either. " I've got a meeting with Mr. Malfoy"

"Yes. I know." She bites back bitterly while dialing a number on her office muggle phone. I take the moment to look down at my black heals and clink the back together wishing to go home.

"Mr. Malfoy will see you now. Follow me." She commands, ending the call, taking a stand and proceeding to walk down the hallway. Not looking back to see if I follow. Her very expensive heals clicking against the floor begin to match my racing heartbeat as we near a set of very large black wooden doors.

"He's waiting." Is the last thing she says to me before taking off back to her desk. In hesitation I reach to push open the door, but non the less I take a deep breath and proceed. I'm greeted with a room made of floor to ceiling windows on almost ever wall. The same black marble floors, and a few black and white paintings along the walls. A large mahogany desk sat in front of the wall of glass, and in front of that sat a section of black leather couches and a glass coffee table. It was all very mysterious and in a way almost enchanting. But what had my attention most was a very tall, blonde, broad shouldered mysterious man in a black suit that stood confidently with his hands in his pockets, and his head held high. He had his back facing me as he starred out the windows, but he knew I was there.

"Hello Granger"
____________
This is the first chapter!!! I'm so excited to be writing this!! I'm already working on the next chapter and it should be up tomorrow afternoon.
Please vote and comment and share this story. I know I'm not the only one who would want to read a book called Fifty Shades of Draco Malfoy! ;P
~M. Artistry