Sonic x Reader

Sonic x Reader

Strength. That's all (Y/n) craved. She would always lack the power to properly defend herself and had to settle for the assistance of her boyfriend, Speed of Sound Sonic.

'He is a ninja, he's been training his whole life, me? Not so much,'she thought to herself.

Her breath was ragged and she tried to even out the pace of her breathing but failed. Her fists were clenched and she felt the blood drip from her already bloody knuckles. The pain was unbearable, but her inability to defend herself was even more unbearable.

'Why am I not getting any stronger?!'

'Weak. I'm weak that's why.'

'You should give it up (Y/n)'

The thought of Sonic telling her to quit made her shut her eyes closed. Her body was trembling, knees weak and about to give in. She realized how close her body was to giving up on her and she regained focus and let out a shaky breath.

She lifted her bloody knuckles and put the rest of her strength into this one punch. Her body may have given up but her mind sure hasn't. She was determined to get stronger even if she had to put her body on the line.

Before her fist could make contact with the punching bag, another hand engulfed itself around her's effortlessly. They stayed in this position for a few seconds because (Y/n) was suffering from shock.

She looked up. It was Sonic.

"(Y/n) what the hell are you doing?" He said as if he were asking a child.

She 'tched' and removed her fist from his. This infuriated her. She put her all in this one punch and he caught it so easily as if it were nothing.

"What does it look like? Training. You should have left me alone..."

She had her hands behind her back so he couldn't see her bloody and swollen knuckles. He looked to where her hands were and sighed.

"(Y/n) please stop this. You're bleeding..."

"No I'm not!"

Sonic felt his eyebrow twitch and he pointed to the ground.

"Then explain the puddle of blood behind you!"

"Look. I said it once and I'll say it again, leave. Me. Alone," she motioned her hand to the door and in the blink of an eye, Sonic was holding her hand, examining it.

Seeing the blood and cuts made his heart swell, he couldn't bear to see you hurt yourself.

"(Y/n) why are you doing this to yourself?"

She looked at him wide eyed as if the answer was clear as day.

"Sonic. For the past year, I've noticed that I'm always playing the damsel in distress and frankly, I'm sick of it. I want to be strong, like you. I don't want to be such a burden for you, that's all...."

Sonic looked at you in disbelief and chuckled.

"Well (Y/n), if it's strength you want, beating yourself up like this isn't the way to go. Sure making your body used to this pain can be helpful, but then you lack offense."

The girl stared at him and sweat dropped. He went on lecturing her about body building and techniques for maintaining strength but in the blink of an eye he was holding a first aid kit and was mending her hands. She nodded her head to not look like she wasn't understanding anything and took mental notes of things she did understand. 

After about an hour, Sonic was done with his little speech and (Y/n) was in the midst of sleeping. Sonic stared at her small, sleeping form and his lips curved into a smile. Gently, he picked up her delicate body and in seconds they were in the bedroom. He pulled the covers down so that he can place his sleeping princess and tucked her in. He moved strands of hair away from her face and kissed her forehead.

"Don't push yourself too hard, okay princess?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kalllqmqmwnwnwosozo. Sonic is bae. Sonic is life. I seriously cannot express how excited I am for season fuckin two of OPM. Not only that but we also get Attack on Titan in Aprill!! I reallllllly wanna see the fight between Genos and Sonic cuz that hedgehog gets a new hairdo. 😩😏😏😏😏😏