Overprotective Sonic x Reader [Noon]

A/n: Enjoy!!

Third Person POV:

You had been all smiles and rainbows as you skipped your way down the endless rows of clothes. Being dragged behind you was none other than Sonic who looked as lively as a corpse. You two were in the midst of an intense shopping spree and you couldn't miss this opportunity when one: You get to spend more time with Sonic, and two, he's paying for everything.

You hauled two large bags that consisted of new clothes and cosmetics but at the moment you were searching for a bag. Finally after tip toeing to scope the entire store you saw racks of bags at the far end of the store. Sonic was drained so you sat him on a bench and left your bags with him.

"I'll be back in a moment okayyyy?"

Unable to obtain a sufficient amount of energy to speak, the ninja merely shook his head in acknowledgement.

At the rack of assorted bags, you were oblivious to the men who were conversing about you.

"Man she's fine," said one.

"I bet she'll like me," said the other.

"Bet?" Said the first.

The other man shook his head and slapped his friends back. This motivated the first man so he pumped his fist in the air.

"Hey there missy," he said leaning against a rack.

You looked up confused and somewhat startled by this mans random appearance.

"Can I help you?" You asked curiously.

The man grew tense and wiped his brow.

"Uh... Oh!" He cleared his throat. "Is you name wifi? Cuz I'm feeling the connection!"

A small giggle escaped your mouth. Regardless of how terrible that joke was you laughed, as if it were a reflex.

Seeing your covered smile motivated the stranger so he thought for a second.

"Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He's lucky it was a soft drink!"

This time, a cough escaped your mouth and you openly laughed.

The man pointed a thumbs up to his friend who was scowling intensely.

"So uh, I was wondering if you'd like to go out for a---"

Instantly, a silence drowned the room and the man lie on the floor, unconscious. His friend stood terrified and stared at the man before him.

Sonic towered over the seemingly lifeless body and put his foot on his chest.

"Oi! Next time make sure you and your friend check that the girl is single. She's mine."

The man bowed his head and ran out the store, abandoning his friend.

Sonic sighed and kicked the body forward so it wouldn't appear in his peripheral vision.

"Sonic..." You said still shocked by what you had seen.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Why did you do that?"

Sonic flinched and faced your direction. Had his intentions not been clear?

"(Y/n) I did this to protect you," he said slightly confused.

"Protect me? He was just telling jokes," you responded.

"Jokes or not he doesn't deserve to speak with you."

You were shocked at Sonic's small outburst and hugged him from behind.

"Just don't hurt people in front of me, I don't like it okay?" You murmured.

A slight blush formed over his cheeks.

"Okay"

"When you say protect me do you mean that I'm weak?" You asked tightening your grip on Sonic's back.

"Y-yeah why?"

"Boi. I'm not some kid. Cash me outside how bout dat?"

"What?"

But by the time he said that you were at the register, Sonic's credit card in hand.

"Oi when did you--?!"

Sonic deadpanned in defeat and sighed. He then crossed his arms and looked up.

"That's my girl..."

-----------------------------------------
Yay new chapter! So if you've read this from the beginning you might know that I have a fan account account on Instagram buuuut I changed the theme to my art. If you're interested please check it out
@lame_art_by_me  
  :)))))
Thank you for the support!

Oh and sorry for the lame jokes 😂