Chapter 5

"Come here my little sun," my mom laughed over near the water. I looked up from my painting, smiling. Her light brunette hair flew in the wind as she ran in and out of the water. My father ran up behind her picking her up over his shoulder, throwing her in.

"Andrew Long put me down right no-", he threw her in the water, diving in after her.

I got up laughing, holding my stomach.

"Momma now why'd you let him do that!" I joked with her. They laughed along, smiling so hard our eyes couldn't even open.

Leaves broke behind me, my body goes still. I looked to my father and mother, who's eyes drastically changed from comforting honey orbs, to a deep black abyss.

As if an earthquake sprung up, hundreds of threatening growls came from behind me.

I shot up from sleep, knocking over my notepad and pencils laying on my lap. My heart was racing out of my chest, the pitch black room did no help comforting me. Nymeria was restless. I felt her worry and protectiveness wash over me, helping me breathe. I am not alone. I whispered to myself.

I got up and turned on the lights. Maybe a shower will help. I have nightmares about the day my mother died, almost every night. I've gotten used to it but lately they've gotten worse.

I turned the water the hottest it can go, stripped down my clothes and got in. The water stung at first, burning my skin. My muscles instantly released, causing a low moan to slip its way out.

After an hour, my hair was freshly washed and the stale old sweat was cleaned off my soft skin. I grabbed a towel and walked out of the bathroom, towards my closet. I grabbed one of Bennett's old hoodies he gave me a while ago and slipped it on. Bennett's much larger than me so it reached the tips of my knees. I slipped a pair of briefs on underneath, along with some socks.

My hair left small droplets of water on the light grey hoodie, making itself known I just showered.

I decided to walk to the kitchen and get a drink. As I made my way through the hallways and down the stairs, I made sure not to wake anyone. The small creeks of the floor followed my every step. As I neared the living room, voices filled my ears.

"Welcome to Blue Moon. Alpha Casey Long." I shrunk back into the stairs.

"Beta Gavin Dunn." Hands collided.

"This is my Beta, Bennett Hendrix."

"Alpha Hunter will be arriving shortly. We took separate cars as I drove with the new recruits for your pack. These are your recruits." A voice belonging to Beta Gavin responded. He has a firm, yet soft voice. "They are well trained, just not best suited for us." The stranger voice continued.

"All are welcomed here. I will gladly accept Aurora Rivers offer once your Alpha arrives." I smiled. "You may follow me into my office." Footsteps rushed out of the front room. I shifted where I was sitting, causing the step underneath me to creek. Within seconds, Bennett stood before me.

"What are you doing? Go back to your room." I glared at him and stood up, "Who are you to talk to me like that. I'm getting a drink of water, move." I pushed past him but he grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me back. I growled lowly.

"I'm serious. I don't want you down here with them. That's why they're here in the middle of the damn night, go to your room or I'm telling Casey." I pulled my arm from him, walking right past him, straight to the kitchen.

I opened the cabinet and grabbed a glass from the shelf, went to the sink and filled it with water. I pulled myself up and sat on the counter. Bennett rushed in after me, eyeing me. I drank my water silently.

He eyed me up and down, taking note of his hoodie I currently occupied. His eyes swirled his familiar black and dark blue as he stood across the kitchen.

"Bennett, I think you should go with Casey." His eyes switched back within seconds as the front door gained a knock. Alpha Hunter. Bennett mumbled a quick 'sorry' under his breath as I hopped off the counter and quickly washed my cup in the sink. I made my way to the back door, where the large porch sat awaiting my company. I silently slid the door closed behind me.

My skin was met with freezing cold air, creating small bumps all over. The tips of my wet hair froze over, creating minuscule icicles where water once was.

I could stay out here forever and it would never bother me. I focused my hearing to inside of the kitchen. My hearing has always been my strong sense along with my speed.

"Alpha Hunter Aetós, Aurora River. I assume my Beta and recruits have arrived accordingly?" Chills ran down my spine, ones worse than a cold breeze hitting hot skin. Ones I felt inside of my soul.

"Yes sir. I am Beta Bennett Hendrix, I will lead you to Alpha Casey's office." Bennett.

I grabbed my chest, my heart was racing worse than earlier. Nymeria, calm down. I blocked her out to catch my breath. I stood up and walked back inside for another drink of water in hopes I won't pass out. As the door clicked shut behind me, I looked up and saw Bennett staring at me through the doorway.

I thought you went upstairs.

I paid no attention to Bennett pushing himself into my mind, but to the man standing behind him. He stood much taller than Bennett, almost an entire foot. His stubble placed perfectly along his soft looking cheeks, not having shaved for a few days. His eyes were closed as he took a deep breath. In that moment it hit me, fresh pine and vanilla with hints of mint reach my nose.

I stood still, barely catching my breath. Taking in the man in front of me. Dark tattoos lined his body from out of his clothes, touching the edge of his jaw from his neck to the finger tips of his left hand.

He opened his eyes and stared into mine. His eyes light green with specks of red, turned almost completely black within seconds.

No, no this can't be happening.

I shifted my eyes to a confused Bennett. "Carter, go to your room. Now." My mate let out a deep, threatening growl. I didn't move. Nymeria was howling inside of me as the realization hit me. My mate stood before me. His eyes snapped towards Bennett within seconds, shifting his entire stature, throwing Bennett against the wall.

"You will not command my mate as if she belongs to you. You will not disrespect what is mine." My mates deep, raspy voice bellowed. Shivers ran all over my skin. My body felt numb.

I'm not ready for this.

Panic set in. My heart raced and my sight became blurry. I am not ready to change my entire life for one person. That will never be who I am.

The door to my left slammed open revealing a confused and angered Casey. Behind him was the face to which I assume belongs to Beta Gavin. Casey shifted his eyes towards the large man pinning Bennett against the wall.

"Will someone please tell me what the fuck is going on here!" Casey yelled. I could feel some pack members had woken up, concerned as to what the noise was.

Go to him Carter.

Nymeria pushed herself through. I could feel her trying to take over but I will not allow it. I won't allow her to being near him. She may be ready, but I am not.

I watched as Casey began moving towards my mate to save his Beta. I need to get away.

I continuously shook my head to the crazed wolf inside of me begging for her soulmate, I turned on my heels and ran out of the back door, towards the one place I feel most at peace.

A mixture of yelling, snarls and loud growls came from behind me, but I continued running.

I am not ready..

•••

-not edited-

let me know what you think!
sorry it's shorter than the others.

enjoy.

-noelle