iHop Revelations

Ally and Lauren made a quick stop back at Ginger Rogers Hall before heading to the Library to meet Dinah, Normani, and Camila. To Lauren's surprise Camila hadn't arrived yet, so the four girls stood around and talked aimlessly about the assignment Mr. Rinaldi had just given them.

After a short pause Ally turned to Lauren. "So what exactly is it that we're going to do?" Ally asked as she pulled on the sweater to shield herself from the breeze rolling through campus. 

"Pancakes," Lauren replied with a click of the tongue.

"Dinah and Camila's idea," Normani said with a laugh. "Apparently they have the best pancakes, I wouldn't know, I've never been."

"Really? Never?" Ally said a look of shock coming over her face.

Dinah nudged Normani, pointing to Ally. "Right? So weird."

Lauren looked down at her watch, Camila was running over 15 minutes late and she was starting to worry, but before she could voice her opinions the small brunette came walking across the courtyard, a bounce in her step, and a guitar case firmly grasped in her left hand. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late, I got caught up in my songwriting and lost track of time," she said with a smile. Camila set down her guitar case and extended a hand out to Ally. "I don't think we've been properly introduced, I'm Camila Cabello, it's nice to meet you. Are you coming with us to get pancakes?"

"Ally Brooke Hernandez," the girl said, firmly shaking the hand that was held out to her. "And yes I am, if you don't mind. I am all for pancakes at dinnertime." 

"Perfect, shall we go," Camila asked, looking around at the group of girls who stood in front of her. 

"Pancake party Motherfucker!" Dinah yelled grabbing hold of Normani's hand and pulling her in the direction of the bus stop just outside of the school grounds. 

Camila, Lauren, and Ally exchanged a look and a laugh before following the two girl's who were now steps ahead of them.

................

"Welcome to iHop and I'll be your waitress. Here are your menus, can I start you ladies off with any drinks?" 

"Coffee, please," Lauren said as her eyes scanned over the menu. 

"Coffee."

"Coffee."

"I'll have a tea, please," Ally said, opposite of what the other three girls had ordered. 

"I'll just have a chocolate milk," Camila answered looking up at tall dark haired woman.

"You got it, you all take a look over the menu and I'll be back with your drinks in just a moment, by the way my name is Clara." Camila watched from the corner of her eye as Lauren's head shot up, just in time to see the waitress head off towards the kitchen and Camila noticed Lauren's gaze following the older woman, not breaking her line of sight until the woman disappeared behind the large swinging doors. 

"I need to go," Lauren said standing up and throwing a few dollars down on the table.

"Lauren, what the hell?" Normani gawked, reaching across the table and grabbing Lauren's wrist. "You're not going anywhere, you just invited Ally out and we promised DJ and Mila pancakes."

"Mani, please let me go," Lauren cried out, her eyes frantic. 

"Hey, let's just, let's just go for a quick walk outside okay," Camila said trying to calm down her roommate. "We'll be back okay guys, order Lauren the peaches and cream pancakes and order me the chocolate chip banana ones, we'll be back soon." Camila shot Normani a pleading look asking her to let go of Lauren's arm, to which the girl complied. "We'll be right back," Camila repeated.