A Dinah and Dancing Date

Normani POV

"Wow," Dinah breathed out, looking around the restaurant when we took our seats at a table just on the edge of the dance floor. "This place is really classy, are you sure I'm dressed properly?" She asked me looking down at her dress.

"You look amazing," I told her, picking up one of the menus on the table and handing it to her. "Do you wanna order food or dance first?" Dinah hummed for a moment before suggesting we order and then dance while we wait for the food to come. I watched her eyes scan the dance floor and I did the same, noticing she had a look of fright etched into the small lines on her forehead. "Dinah, what's wrong?"

"It's just," She said leaning across the table to whisper. "We're the only-"

"Gay couple?" I asked her knowingly and she just nodded her head. "We don't have to dance if you don't want to," I offered, trying to hide the slight disappointment I was feeling.

Dinah shook her head and hesitantly reached for my hand across the table, playing with my fingers, "I didn't say I didn't want too. I'm just nervous, I've never done this before."

"Neither have I," I reminded her. "As long as I'm with you though, I'm okay."

Dinah smiled, scrunching up her nose in the cutest way possible and I wished I had been able to take a photo of her in that exact moment, "I could be anywhere with you and be okay."

"Actually," I said laughing, "It's funny you say that because I wasn't sure if you'd like this place and Ally said I could have taken you to a trash yard and you would have been happy about it."

I watched Dinah furrow her brow and make a face of disgust, "I would not have been happy with a trash yard."

"That's what I said, I said you were to classy for that," I told her and she just smiled. "So," I waved my hand in the air, "Classy lady, classy place." I grabbed for my glass of sparkling water that was sitting on the table and watched Dinah lean across to me once more.

"But I want you to know, I can go from classy to dirty in a second, just give me the go ahead," She told me, sending me a sultry wink that almost made me spit out my drink.

"Shit, DJ are you trying to kill me?" I questioned incredulously.

"I should be asking you the same thing," she said gesturing to me. "Look at you, you look like you're in full seduction mode."

"I am," I said quirking my eyebrow and blushing slightly. "I mean-"

"Good because so am I," Dinah said and I reminded her we agreed we would take thing one step at a time. "I know, I know," she said sounding a little unsure if that was the plan she wanted to stick with, "I just like thinking about you, like that."

Before I could reply, the waiter made his way to the table, asking if we were ready to order. I ordered the Basil Gnocchi pasta dish and Dinah ordered the Risotto and as the waiter walked away I opened my mouth to question Dinah's previous statement, but stopped when I saw her standing up from the table. 

I'd never gone with the windJust let it flowLet it take me where it wants to go'Til you open the doorThere's so much moreI'd never seen it beforeI was trying to flyBut I couldn't find wingsBut you came along and you changed everything  

"Ready to dance," she asked holding out her hand and I couldn't help but think how sexy she was when she took charge. "This song is perfect for us," Dinah told me, taking my hand and pulling me up from my chair. I followed her out onto the dance floor and was surprised how different this dance felt than any dancing we did in class or the dancing we had done at homecoming. 

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I'm falling and I am lost in your eyes
You make me crazier, crazier, crazier

l felt Dinah's hand snake around my waist and pull my closer and I could feel her hot breath on my skin, I closed my eyes and took a breath as I listened to her singing softly, pushing my face into the crook of her neck, compulsively pressing my lips to the soft skin. "You always smell so intoxicating," I whispered, leaning my head up so my lips were grazing her ear. 

-------------------------------

Dinah POV

I've watched from a distance as you made life your own
Every sky was your own kind of blue
And I wanted to know how that would feel
And you made it so real
You showed me something that I couldn't see
You opened my eyes
And you made me believe  

My voice faltered for a moment when Normani's words hit me, a grin teasing its way onto my face, "Mani," I whispered. "I don't know if I'm going to be able to take it one step at a time with you, I'm already all the way in," I admitted as I stepped back slightly and twirled her around before pulling her back into me.

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I'm falling and I am lost in your eyes
You make me crazier, crazier, crazier

"Dinah Jane," Normani breathed out. "I've always been all the way in," I was startled momentarily, worried about the people around me as I felt Normani's lips on mine, but I quickly relaxed into the kiss when I felt her hand on the back of my neck, pulling me in deeper.

I've watched from a distance as you made life your own
Every sky was your own kind of blue
And I wanted to know how that would feel
And you made it so real
You showed me something that I couldn't see
You opened my eyes
And you made me believe

When she ended the kiss, I let out a small cry and she just laughed at me, brushing the tip of her nose against mine, "Is it too early to claim that this is the best first date ever?" I asked her. 

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I'm falling and I am lost in your eyes
You make me crazier, crazier, crazier

"You make me a better person," Normani professed. "You make me feel like I can do anything, every second that I am with you feels perfect. I know you're scared, but-"

Baby you showed me what living is for
I don't wanna hide anymore
Oh oh

"I'm not scared anymore," I whispered, my eyes hungry as I watched hers turn darker despite the bright lighting. "You make me feel to safe," I admitted, "I'm not scared, I'm just.. Happy." This time I initiated the contact, my lips against hers.

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me aroundYou make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I'm fallin' and I am lost in your eyes
You make me crazier, crazier, crazier

"Crazier, crazier," I sang against Normani's mouth, just before her tongue slipped gently into mine.