Where Are You?

Lauren POV

I looked down at the letter in one hand, the necklace in another and with tears rolling down my face the realization of what was happening punched me straight in the face.

Camila felt the same way about me, that I was secretly feeling about her. Only she had the guts to actually do something about it.

I had to find her. I had to tell her that there was no having to let her be my sun, because she already was. I gathered my things quickly and looked up to see Dinah, Normani, and Ally all staring at me with the same look in their eyes.

"What are you doing still sitting there?" Normani questioned me, her voice sounding almost as though she was disappointed in me for not having run after Camila already.

I stood up from my desk, grabbing for my bag. I looked at the three girls and back down to my hand and Dinah laughed and took a step forward, she pulled what was now my favourite material object that I owned out of my hand and I pulled my hair back, closing my eyes for a split second as she helped me put it on. I felt her hooking the delicate clasp behind my neck and reached up feeling the moon pendant between my fingers and opening my eyes.

Dinah looked at me almost enviously. "Go get your Girl," I heard her say to me, but I was already three steps out the door.

Lauren: Where are you?

Camila wasn't in our next class. Or the one after that; And when I went to meet the girls for lunch, hoping Camila would be there, she wasn't.

Lauren: We need to talk. Please tell me where you are.

"Did you talk to her?" Ally asked me and I shook my head, my eyes darting around the courtyard.

"She wasn't in any of our other morning classes, I'm going to look for her," I said smiling sadly at the other girls.

"Let us know if you find her," Dinah said to me and I just nodded before I walked away, adjusting my backpack and heading off the the Ecology Garden.

She wasn't there.

I checked the library, wandering up and down the aisles, but she wasn't there either. I checked the school recording studio, every coffee shop and food service venue on campus, our dorm room, and every other place I possibly could in the hour and fifteen minutes that I had for lunch. Camila was no where to be found. I checked the infirmary on the off chance that she was there and when she wasn't I sighed heavily leaning up against a wall. I had run out of places to look.

I sent Dinah, Ally, and Normani a quick group message, a feeling of worry coursing through me when I saw that Camila still hadn't replied to any of the texts I had previously sent her.

Lauren: I can't find her anywhere

Dinah: Check the library

Lauren: I already did

Normani: Did you try the recording studio her and I found in the basement

Lauren: Yes

Dinah: Ally's phone died, she said check the roof

Lauren: The roof?

Dinah: Apparently she told Ally she likes to sit out on the roof on top of B.D.H

Lauren: I didn't know that

I glanced down at my phone and blinked, how did I not know she liked to go up there sometimes? I sighed and ran back towards our dormitory. I climbed the stairs to the roof and when I stepped out onto the gravel, I made the mistake of looking down, over the edge, my stomach dropping and my fear of heights setting in, I stumbled backwards and tried to compose myself as I looked around.