Bonfire (Part 1)

"Uh, hey ladies," Max greeted walking towards where Normani and Lauren were standing at the fire. "I just wanted to let you know that Dinah, Ally, and Mila are all super trashed and down by the water," he said with a nervous laugh as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ally?" Normani asked with wide eyes. "Ally is trashed? Do you mean our Ally, little Jesus loving, munchkin sized Ally who still sometimes gets handed the kids menu when we go out to eat, that Ally?"

Max laughed and nodded as he brought his bottle of beer to his lips and turned to look down the beach where you could see the three girls sitting by the water, not caring that the tide coming in was getting closer and closer to them. Ally, Dinah, and Camila had disappeared hours ago, but when Normani and Lauren saw them last they were in good shape, Camila had only had one drink, Dinah was just starting her second and Ally had declined alcohol all together.

"Thanks, we'll take care of them," Lauren said with a laugh as she shook her head. "I'm gonna grab a couple more drinks and we will head down to them," she told Normani and the darker girl watched Lauren make her way over to one of the many coolers and grab a handful of beverages for herself and the girls.

"So," Normani said turning back to Max. "Anyone here catch your eye?" Max quirked his eyebrows and tilted his head, his eyes landing on a boy standing by the bonfire roasting marshmallows. "And he would be?" Normani questioned and Max looked down with a blush on his cheeks.

"Uh, that's Shawn," Max told her.

Lauren made her way back over and followed the line of sight made by Normani and Max, "Ooh new prospect?"

"He's in my film studies class," Max told them. "He has been for the last four years and-"

"Dude," Normani said looking at the boy with wide eyes. "Tell me you've talked to him before," and when Max shook his head looking ashamed, Lauren smirked and grabbed Max by the hand dragging him across the sand to the bonfire.

"Excuse me, Shawn?" She asked and when the brown haired boy looked over with a smile Normani and Lauren pushed Max towards him. "This is-"

"Max," Shawn said knowingly. "You're in my film class," he smiled at Max and Max smiled back and Normani and Lauren exchanged looks.

"Okay great," Normani said clapping her hands. "Talk, kiss, whatever, Lauren and I are going to go make sure the girls haven't fallen into the water."

Max smiled and Shawn looked at him for a second before they both turned and watched the two girls make their way down the beach. "Wanna roast some marshmallows with me?" Shawn asked handing Max a stick and a bag of marshmallows. 

Normani and Lauren could see Camila, Dinah, and Ally clearly, the three of them laying on their backs in the sand, Ally laughing loudly while Dinah and Camila watched her with amused looks on their faces. "So this is where you three disappeared to," Lauren laughed as she sat down beside Dinah, Normani following suit. "I brought more drinks," she said passing one to each girl.

"How you feeling over there Ally?" Normani asked with a smile as she twisted the cap off the bottle Lauren had handed her. 

Ally let out another laugh as she sat up and struggled to open her drink, holding it out to Lauren with a pout on her face. "Isha-hard ta-open," Ally slurred with a lopsided smile. "Laurs the bessst," she said as she took the bottle that Lauren had just opened and handed back to her. 

"You're gonna feel this hard in the morning," Normani laughed. "I think all three of you will," she said taking in the glazed over looks in Dinah and Camila's eyes. 

"L-a-u-r-e-n! Lauren is the beeeeeesssstessst," Ally sang and Camila just closed her eyes listening to Lauren laughing as Ally's crazy made it's way to the surface. "Right Mila? Thas-uh whatchu said before you said the thingsabout  you not being enough-n' about Lern falleen outer luuuurve witchu," Ally said with a drunken giggle after taking a sip from her beer and falling back into the sand.