Prologue

claus·tro·pho·bi·a

/ˌklôstrəˈfōbēə/

noun

Extreme or irrational fear of confined places.

Symptoms can include:

Sweating, Accelerated heart rate, Hyperventilation, or 'overbreathing', Shaking, Light-headedness, Nausea (feeling sick), Fainting, and Fear of actual harm.

Niall POV:

We were about to start the new tour in South America. First stop at Bogota, Colombia!

I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to be able to get on stage again and preform. It's been months since our last show, so I couldn't help to be a little nervous as well.

-.-

There was a bunch of screaming and yelling. It filled my ears with such pain, the kind if pain that felt good. It all came from our fans. The ones who made me who I am today; part of the biggest boy band in the world. We are their boys, and always will be.

We just got out of the plane and into the airport. As we walked through the airport we saw our Colombian fans, and holy shit there were a bunch of girls. They were yelling out of pure excitement of seeing us in any second now.

"1D, 1D, 1D!" The fans began to chant.

"Wow, you have no idea how much i've missed this." Liam confessed to the rest of us. We all nodded in agreement.

Yeah, it was the complete truth, I missed this. I love singing. Not only because I can sing, but because it's truly the only thing that I'm good at and love at the same time. I do this especially for the fans, because we motivate them through the songs we sing, and It's literally the best thing in the world to see how we impact their lives positively.

I literally have the best job in the world. There's nothing more I could really ask for in this job, because I get to spend my tour life with my four best mates.

As we walked towards the crowd the girls weren't the only ones there, but the paparazzi as well. Seriously? Why? I thought.

They had their cameras and microphones ready, so that they could make up some stupid rumours about us. I hated that. I hated how they never tell the whole truth, and make us look bad.

Security was trying their best to keep everyone behind the gates, so that we could exit the airport safely.

The fans kept cheering and jumping. They were obviously happy to see us. As we were happy to see them. Everything went at the moment. We took some pictures and talked to some fans. We even posed for the paparazzi, so they could take some pictures. But I spoke too soon.

Everything happened so fast and unexpected. The paparazzi and girls managed to get through the gates and past security. They were running towards the big crowd that we were stuck in. We were surrounded by screaming girls and flashing cameras.

"Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck." I kept repeating in my head.

The girls and paparazzi all managed to sepparate all five of us. I was trying to remain calm, but I could barely breathe. I couldn't maintain my balance because the girls were tugging on my shirt, pulling me back and forth making me almost fall. Not to mention that my heart was racing way out line.

I'm going to faint! Holy shit! I'm going to die...! I yelled in my head.

I was starting to freak out. I needed to stay calm for my fucking sake, yet there was no way I could. I was being mobbed by girls and the paps.

There was a lot of yelling which didn't bother me, but I felt beyond pressured. A bunch of questions were being shouted out that all I wanted to do was run away from all the noise.

"Niall! Can I have a picture with you?" A girl asked shouting right next to me.

"Niall! Look over here!" A paparazzi yelled as he continued to snap pictures right in front of my face, blinding me.

"Selfie, Niall?" The same girl asked again, but this time tugging onto my brand new shirt.

"Niall over here!" Another paparazzi called.

I looked around with fear in my eyes. No one seemed to notice that I was freaking out, except for myself. I tried looking for one of the boys, but there was no sign of at least one of them. I was all alone with no way out. I felt myself shaking because of how scared I was. I was terrified.

I covered my face with my hands, looking down. I need to get out of here. I said to myself.

I looked up again, moving my hands from my face. All that I was able to see were still the same crowd of people and flashing cameras. All of the camera flashes started to make dizzy and nauseous.

I had difficulty walking around, because of the huge crowd. I had to wait until there was an opening, so that I could escape when they would least expect it. That was my first instinct.

To run.

There was more pushing, screaming, and shoving around me; when all of the sudden there was an opening.

I followed my first instinct instantly, and I ran. I ran away as fast as I could finding somewhere safe, because I knew that they would come and hurt me.