First Impressions

"Welcome to the show Nia!" Angel laughs, twisting his shirt in the air. I can't hold it back anymore.

I jump in the air and do a little dance while Angel does his funniest "twerk" attempt yet.

Out of breath i reply " You are an absolute mess" smiling that dazzling smile of his.

Now turning back to face me Angel reaches out for a hug and we embrace each other briefly before a man approaches and yells in our faces "Get a fucking room." 

We stand there with our jaws practically on the ground. My blood is boiling.

"Excuse me prick?"Angel yells back with eyes full or rage. "Do you not know how to speak to ladies?" He hisses as the man turns around and begins walking back over to us.

"Oh you want a fight?" Just another bully..typical homaphobe huh?"Angel hollers. In a state of disbelief I look from little 5 foot skinny Angel over to the rude man.

As my eyes focus on this man I realize he is quite attractive, this takes me back a little. No taller than 6'1 but blessed with quite a masculine physique and in my opinion a jawline for days,this stranger towers over Angel.

I feel the need to protect my friend and colleague so I pull out my badge and sternly suggest " Take a walk pal, LAPD".

This only amuses him he shakes his head and in a matter of seconds we are face to face. All I can think of is how hot he is ..

I suddenly feel very uncomfortable and I step back. "You're a Malcolm huh?" He says very flatly.

Me and Angel look at each other and Angel rolls his eyes and says "Depends who's asking." He cuts his eyes at Angel and they find their way back locked into mine.

"I believe she can speak for herself." He sneers. This guys attitude is starting to really ruin this day for me.

"What do you want and what will make you go on about your day?" I say with a hint of irritation.

He smirks and shrugs like he's considering something then replies " I hope you two aren't in my unit". Then he turns once again and walks into the building.

"What the heck!" Yells Angel. Turning to look at me with the same baffled look I had. "His unit?" I question puzzled.

"He doesn't even work here" says Angel. Feeling obligated to find out who the man was I turned to face the building.

"That's my girl, Lets get to the bottom of this" Angel cheers. I confidently walk towards the building and as I go to open the door I notice he is still standing in the parking lot.

Yeah so much for back up..I stick my tongue out at him and enter the building a nervous feeling in my gut.

I open the door and standing there front and center is Captain Amos and the man from the parking lot. Both of their eyes fixate on me and they both shift their bodies towards me.

Captain Amos smiles and points to me while the man just frowns and crosses his arms as I approach.

Captain now grinning asks me
"If I've left something?" I put on my angry face and casually  address the rude man.

"You new here or something?" He seems taken back that I'm talking to him.

"Forget your manners at home? I don't know who you think you are but don't cross me again !" I say threatening him.

At this point my finger is now pointed  directly in his face. This angers him and he smacks my hand out of his face.

He smacked it pretty hard actually and without hesitation i react with a swift swing of my arm and before my hand can connect he grabs my arm mid air.

The room has gone silent. Captain Amos has a look of terror plastered across his face he steps in between us and firmly states "that is enough!"

It remains silent except for my heavy breathing because now i am fuming... i have daggers for eyes and they are aimed at this jerk.

I try to be cool and collect myself meanwhile Captain Amos stiffly straightens his tie and with an apologetic look turns to the man and says "Nia ...this is Jaxton..

"Jaxton Ropes". He says looking at me with disappointed look .

My heart drops and my eyes meet his again but he looks away.

Just my luck, Jaxton Ropes was a hero a decorated officer and from what i hear a very tough cop.

I felt ashamed i solemnly looked at him and said "I am so sorry sir i was just defending my friend." He smiled at me.

A devilish grin one that in return made me smile thinking everything was alright.

Once more i catch myself looking him up and down particularly his dimples and jawline oh and those eyes.

My eyes betray me and wander down to his toned arms and broad shoulders. I stop there when I notice he's caught me checking him out.

I blush and he politely nods and smiles to himself before locking eyes with me again. "Apology accepted, I actually respect loyalty and bravery."

He moves Captain aside and stands directly in front of me then leans in towards me the smell of his cologne is enticing I find myself leaning in closer.

He whispers "Don't let it happen again... I'm not always this nice of a guy and you are a shitty fighter." He winks and then he casually strolls away.

Me and Captain face each other and he laughs out loud before saying

" Man what a way to meet a new boss huh?".

I can't believe it Jaxton Ropes here....and my new boss. What a day...one that I would like to be over.

I rejoin Angel in the parking lot and he's anxiously awaiting me to say something.

But before I can speak Angel claps his hand together and says "So you know that dick from earlier? "He came out here and apologized to me!"

Baffled i reply "Wait he actually apologized?" Angel nods and he strangely seems super giddy.

Leaning curiously against my car i squint my eyes at Angel "Is that all he said?" I question.

He pouts his lips and then shrugs and says "Well he explained that he wasn't being homophobic, he was just being an ass."

I roll my eyes and put my hands on my hips with an attitude,  "Well glad we have an ass as a boss now" I say sarcastically.

Angel gasps and smacks his hand on the hood of my car "That was him he's our new boss?OMG!" He screams.

Ears ringing I reply "That was Jaxton Ropes from Baltimore.."