Jaxton Ropes

Sitting in a quiet little coffee shop beside the department Jaxton folds up his newspaper and waits for the check.

Exhausted from driving and extremely homesick, he looks around the shop feeling oddly alone. He had never liked LA he left too many bad memories behind when he left for Baltimore at 19.

In only 3 years he was on a roll top dog for so long, years spent building a name for himself just to wind up right back here.

Some high up suit and tie that's never risked his life for anyone gave the call for him to be transferred. He was a king, a hero in Baltimore. Here he was a faint memory.

JAXTONS POV

I left everything behind in Baltimore and i find myself questioning my actions.

Shaking my head i think of the smug look he wore on his face as my boss told me to get packing.

I should have refused or used my social status as a leverage but my pride led me here and ill have to make the best of it. I'm a damn good cop I tell myself as i begin to get out of my seat

All of a sudden a voice calls out "Jax!" I scan the room to see who it is and I notice the snappy female rookie from yesterday.

I shoot her a look, my best stay away from me glare. But she's so persistent it just doesn't work. She's walking over. She flips her hair over her shoulder and practically bounces over in a nervous annoying girly way and a smile escapes me.

Obviously she wasn't told this was an undercover unit she's in full uniform. As I'm looking her over I must admit she looks good she's got a very pretty face and a sensational figure, gentle brown eyes a wicked smile..

I stop myself mid thought and focus back on being an asshole. I just have to enjoy this moment she's fun to mess with besides there's nothing wrong with a little torture.

She stands in front of the chair across from me seemingly needing my approval to take a seat.

"So this is undercover to you?"

I say teasing her and she instantly turns red and begins to babble some uninteresting story about her day.

I'm focused on her eyes, she has kind eyes for only a moment though as i've noticed her quickly growing agitated.

She clears her throat turns up her nose and asks if I'm going to say anything. Given the fact I haven't heard a thing she's been saying I ask "Decaf?"

This makes her mad of course as it does all women. Okay torture time is over its time for boss mode.

"Order a coffee you're going to need it hun and then get changed."

I say calmly meeting her eyes once more. Her brown hair is swept Into a neat ponytail and she doesn't seem to be wearing any makeup, but still she is beautiful.

"I can just wear sweats and a tank right?" She questions

while motioning for the waitress i smile "Yes, that's fine whatever is comfortable." She smiles back and orders a small coffee black.

I decline a refill and begin telling her the plans for today

"I will be asking a favor of you today Nia."

I try to think of a good way to explain. "What do you have in mind?" She asks while grinning ear to ear.

Im clueless as to what she's so giddy about but I continue "I need someone to go undercover for me."