Grand Theft Auto

Adrenaline and fear engulfs me as i drive away. I Nia Malcolm just stole the car of Jaxton Ropes my captain. He had it coming saying all that stuff to me.

I pull over to a little store on the corner to grab something to drink while I think of my next move.

I wall inside and go straight to the counter where the casher greets me.

I notice she's pregnant probably due any day. I smile and ask for a map before grabbing a water from the cooler beside the counter.

She looks as if she's been crying and says "Everything you need is in aisle 9!"

"No wait its aisle 1." I look up to her confused and ask "which aisle.

She fake laughs and says "Sorry I'm confused its aisle 9."

I walk away looking for aisle 9 but there isn't one.

I can't be in one place too long right now considering I'm probably wanted right now for grand theft auto.

I just go up and pay for the water
and make conversation.

"When are you due?" I ask smiling once more at her.

"Im due 9-11!" She says with a nervous tone and pleading eyes.

Feeling as though something is off I ask her to sign her name on my receipt and she nods yes and quickly grabs a pen and begins writing.

Hands trembling she passes me the receipt and at the very bottom I see the words

"Help me. Robbery. Under counter."

Heart pounding i look at her and give her a wink before saying loudly "Could you please show me where the maps are?"

"Yes one moment." She says looking down at her feet before slowly walking around the counter.

As soon as she's within arms reach i pull her behind me and draw my gun pointing it at the counter.

"LAPD!!! Come out from behind the counter with your hands where I can see them I WILL shoot!!" I yell.

I turn to her and scream "GO!!"

She runs for the door but is stopped by a man in a mask.

The other masked man steps from behind the counter with his gun pointed at me .

"Well looks like we have a stand off mami." He laughs stepping closer.

"Let the woman go and stand down!" I yell. Stepping back into the nearest corner.

"Doughboy cap that bitch and let's go!" He yells.

Doughboy puts the gun to her head and looks at me then he puts his finger on the trigger.

"Look just take the money and go i don't have a police car you can take my cell so i can't call for back up!" I plead praying they take mercy on her

"So you just gon let us take the money and go?" The other man asks with a sarcastic tone.

"Yo Reese what you wanna do man?" Doughboy asks him