Mother knows best

Nia Malcolm's POV

I pace my living room anxiously, still upset and also a little worried I reach into my pocket and i pull out my phone and call 911 a last desperate attempt.

"Yes .. I would like to report a missing person..."i say choking back tears

. They tell me someone is on the way and I hang up and call Angel.

" Sweetie what's the matter whats happened? " he says sweetly through the phone.

I'm so over the top right now in tears i reply

"Oh you know just everything my moms vanished probably jumped off the bridge!"

Angel hangs up and I stand there bawling my eyes out.

Soon my phone vibrates and its a text from Angel that says

"Be there in 20 mins boo!"

Relief sweeps over me, god i love him he's a true friend and my rock.

I hear a car pull up outside and i open the front door but not before attempting to pull myself together.

I stand by the door waiting for the officer to come in for my statement and I cannot believe my eyes when I see Jaxton and my mother step out of his car laughing and chatting.

I run outside absolutely fuming
and they stare at me like I'm the crazy one as i take a step towards them and face my mom i'm overcome with emotions.

"Where the fuck have you been you cant just take off mom!" i scream.

She's got an extremely shocked look on her face.

Staring at Jaxton i see that his face is emotionless and he stand's there as bold as brass.

"I'm 45 years old I can leave MY house anytime I want!" She snaps back at me harshly.

I shake my head side to side grateful she's safe but so fed up with her.

"Not when all you do is sit on a couch every second of every day!"

Shaking my head i yell

"Ya know..its a real shame when me not seeing you glued to the TV causes me to have to file a missing persons!!"

I yell upset all over again.
and then there's that stinging silence again and i can see my words have hurt her.

I feel ashamed but i hold my ground.

Jaxton begins to try and chime in
"Well we just.."

I stop him mid sentence and in a nasty tone i tell him boldly

"You sir need to leave, I don't know who you think you are fighting my battles."

I look at him disgusted.

Begging for favors and then running off with my mom is bullshit!" I yell.