Cops N Robbers

Just like we planned I aim my gun at Doughboy and Reese who aim right back at me.

The officers in the cruiser outside of the building run into the store guns drawn pointed at the three of us.

Doughboy and Reese drop their guns and the officers arrest them and without a fight they get into the back of the cruiser Reese shoots me a wink as the door slams shut.

Soon word has spread and the entire department it seems as well as Captain Amos comes to check on me.

"Now i don't know how you got in this situation but I'm glad I'm here for you on your first bust." He says proudly.

A little ashamed I look to the ground and say "Thanks I just want to get home."

He pats me on the back and says "You're free to go after your Captain clears you , he's on the way.

My mouth drops. By captain he means Jax.

" Oh shit.. " i say out loud.

Captain Amos stares at me sideways then laughs to himself "Good Luck."

About ten minutes pass and suddenly Jaxton comes walking over to me with a clipboard.

Nervous I reach into my pocket and toss him his car key's he catches them and stares at me with no emotion.

" Im going to have to ask you a few questions for my report so please answer honestly. " he says with a serious face.

I can't find my words so I just nod yes. Smack me.....Yell at me I scream in my head awaiting punishment for stealing his car.

He just stands there boldly no emotion and I wonder how can I be so attracted to a man i hardly know one im scared shitless to care for.

He rocks back and forth on his heel before saying

"OK here's the questions
#1. Are you Or have you ever been this completely out of your fucking mind?" He yells

Everyone turns around and I'm extremely embarrassed tears well up in my eyes and i shout back
"Just leave me alone your car is on 5th street goodbye " I run away from him.

He jogs after me and steps in front of me. We are face to face and there's no escaping this confrontation.

So close but so far away from what I want.

"Im done with this entire thing I can't work for someone like you " I snap.

He says nothing just steps closer to me before he lifts up my chin kisses me on the forehead and says
"leave your badge on my desk tomorrow."

I don't have a chance to enjoy the kiss before his words slam into me and he walks away.

I think he has a soft spot for me i really believe that he feels obligated to protect me and maybe that's my way into his heart.

Today was a good day i stopped a robbery and saved 4 lives. I could get used to this.

I cut Jaxton off at the stoplight stepping into the road to stop him.

He slams his brakes nearly hitting me and he pulls over in the road and jumps out of his car steaming mad.

"What the fuck are you doing Nia!!" He screams at me in a rage.

"I almost fucking killed you !!" He says now grabbing me.

He lets go standing there demanding an explanation.

I walk past him and get into the passenger seat of his car.

"Well let's go." I say bored.

He rolls his eyes and gets in the car slamming the door. "Where you headed the loony bin? He says in a low voice running his hands through his hair. He does this when he's annoyed.

" I don't know.. Not home." I say batting my eyes at him.

He pauses and thinks for a moment and then drives towards my house.

"I'm not going home!" I yell

He looks over at me and mimic's my voice snapping his fingers dramatically apparently an impression of me.

"You're gonna grab a change of clothes and come back to my car." He says smoothly.

I can't help but smile.

I say " I guess." And turn away from him.

Pulling up to my house I get out of the car excitedly and just as im about to open the door i hear two horn honks.

I look over to Jaxtons car just as he speeds away down the street his middle finger in the air.

I cant even be all that mad i just laugh. That was a good one I think to myself

Suddenly i remember the bag....i didn't hide the bag..

Shit. I smack myself and pull out my phone to call a cab .

Jaxtons car is back he pulls over and leans out of the car laughing "You ready yet?" He grins.

I walk around to the passenger side and say "I need a lift to 18th and Cedar." He slowly leans back in his seat then looks me over pretty good.

"18th and Cedar?" He asks puzzled.

"That's gang territory what business do you have on that side of town."he says in a serious voice.

I fold my arms " look either take me yourself and look out for me or I'll go alone." I snap.

"I don't even want to know.." He laughs as we drive off.

"Stop back at that little store...where the robbery took place i hid my wallet there." I lie stealing a glance at him.

"Whatever you say." He grins .

He turns on the radio and wouldn't you know it Snow patrol "Chasing cars" plays.

Smiling to myself i get butterflies again and he see's me smiling and laughs "Like this song huh?"

I nod and say " Its a cute song. "

He rolls his eyes and says "Bullshit...this song is better than just cute." We both laugh and he unexpectedly reaches for my hand and holds it .

Looking over at me with a smile before returning his attention to the road he says "So you wanna get a bite after this?"

Heart pounding i say with a smile "I could go for a shot of tequila!"

Laughing he says "Whoa now easy there drunkard ..you gotta eat first ...duh!"

My hand in his we laugh and joke that rest of the drive before he pulls over to the store.

"I'll go in with you." He insists stepping out of the car.

"No I'm fine it'll take a second." I say as I step out of the passengers side walking towards the front .

He leans up against his car and folds his arms. "So what are we really doing here?" He says flatly.

I shake my head and continue into the store . I walk around to the back and quickly crawl up the chute.

I walk into the office jump up on the desk and push out the ceiling light feeling around for the bag. I feel the handle and i pull it down.

"Yes !" Say aloud to myself.

I put the light back and just as i go to get down from the desk i notice Jaxton standing there

That all too familiar frown on his face.